Uninstall xcode 10

Hi

Im looking at uninstalling xcode 10 completely, not just dragging it to trash, but allso removing everything else so i can get a clean install.

The reason for this is, im learning to program in swift, and i have had the xcode 10beta installed untill the final go released, i then installed the final version from app store and dragged the beta to trash.

But when i try the apps i make during the course i take, i allways get a crash error. When i try the files given to me with the exact same code it doesnt crash, if i then copy/paste the working code into my app it still doesnt work (i of course do link buttons, labels and so on again)

So my theory is that somewhere there is a problem with a beta file that may give trouble to the final edition of xcode and that it isnt removed when dragging the app to trash

Replies

if i then copy/paste the working code into my app it still doesnt work (i of course do link buttons, labels and so on again)

Copy and paste : did you copy file or content of file ?

If you did the paste content (that's what to do):

When you copy and paste, you may copy some link references as well, that you do not see.

What I do is to, paste in an external editor (as Edit) as Paste and adapt style, the copy again and paste in the new file

Did you do a Clean Build Folder after copy and paste ? You should.

Quit Xcode.

Go to ~/Library/Preferences, then find any file/plist with 'Xcode' in the file name and drag them to the trash, being sure to empty the trash.

Open Xcode, then do as Claude suggests and option-clean. That means use the Product menu w/the option key pressed, selecting to 'clean build folder'.

Go again and see if you still get a crash. If you do, post the error(s) here for analysis.

Good luck.

Assuming you put Xcode in the Applications folder; to remove all traces of Xcode from your disk, remove:

1. /Applications/Xcode.app
  2. ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.dt.Xcode
  3. ~/Library/Developer
  4. ~/Library/MobileDevice
  5. ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist
  6. /Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist
  7. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeExtensionSupport.bom
  8. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeExtensionSupport.plist
  9. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeSystemResources.bom
  10. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeSystemResources.plist

To scavenge your customizations, first copy these somewhere safe (folder where noted, file where noted)

1. ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/UserData/CodeSnippets
  2. ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/UserData/FontAndColorThemes
  3. ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/UserData/KeyBindings
  4. ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates
  5. ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist
  6. ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles

Xcode has been exceptionally buggy since day 1 of it's existance... so it is good to know how to remove all of it for a re-install when your simulators don't install, when simulators are broken after install, when nothing will compile or run, when things run fine in the simulator but not on the iPhone or iPad hardware, etc.

(if I forgot some trace, apologies, please reply back to complete the list)

1. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeExtensionSupport.bom
  2. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeExtensionSupport.plist
  3. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeSystemResources.bom
  4. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeSystemResources.plist

Hi

These steps wont work. Operation not permitted is returned.

Apologies, due to defects in macOS I have found it is necesary to run with the csrutil set to disabled, (system interegrity protection or SIP off). If you are inclined to remove those files as well, you may do so by temporarily disabling SIP per Apple's instructions here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/System_Integrity_Protection_Guide/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection.html

TVNowPro’s

This article Saved my day Xcode Clean UP

medium.com/@onexlab.io/uninstall-xcode-from-macos-eca1b69dc836

XCODE has been crashing all night. I tried everything to uninstall and reinstall the thing.
I think it is still attempting to load the last saved project which is blowing it up.
Anyone?

Process: Xcode [1895]
Path: /Users/USER/Desktop/Xcode 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode
Identifier: com.apple.dt.Xcode
Version: 10.0 (14320.25)
Build Info: IDEFrameworksFall2018-14320025000000000~2
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Xcode [1895]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2021-01-05 22:39:15.530 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G14042)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: F20095D8-6A38-B923-93FE-63C2F8AB1151

Time Awake Since Boot: 460 seconds

System Integrity Protection: disabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: IDEContainer - uniquing lock

Exception Type: EXC
CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXCCORPSENOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
ProductBuildVersion: 10A255
ASSERTION FAILURE in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEXcode3ProjectSupport/IDEXcode3ProjectSupport-14306.16/Xcode3Core/LegacyProjects/Frameworks/DevToolsCore/DevToolsCore/ProjectModel/DataModel/Containers/PBXProject.m:2711
Details: Unable to find the effective build configuration in project <PBXProject:0x7f938bb02950:2ACB9FD59D23F48E6D1BF992:path='(null)'> named "(null)".
Object: <PBXProject: 0x7f938bb02950>
Method: -cachedMacroExpansionScopeForWorkspaceArenaSnapshot:configurationNamed:
Thread: <NSThread: 0x7f9384f19dd0>{number = 1, name = main}
Hints:

how can i delete xcode pls everytime i delete it it come back like a virus