dyld_shared_cache_extract_dylibs failed

I have installed the latest version of xcode on my imac (Version 10.0 (10A255)) and can compile and run my app in the simulator (iphone6, IOS12).

When I connect my iPhone (6, ios12) to the imac and try to run the app on my iPhone it compiles well but then I get the error:

dyld_shared_cache_extract_dylibs failed

With the previous verstion of xcode i did not had this problem and could run my apps on the iphone.

I cannot find the reason for this.. Who can help me?

Thanks,

Addy

Replies

May have a look at thgis (old) thread

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/22732

Thanks Claude31.

I indeed found that reference too and deleted the 12.0 (16A366) directory. It was not automatically reinstalled by xcode and then I got the error message that this version of xcode "could not locate device support files..."

So i put the directory back and after restart got the first error again...

Were you able to resolve the problem cause I’m currently facing the same issue?

Last week I installed the latest version of macOS (Mojave) and then the problem disappeared.. Do not understand why..

Hope it will help you too..

Addy

you can check this out, solved my problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3jST08imY0

to sum up , you could:

1, go to window-devices and simulators

2, select the unrunable device and right click, then choose unpair

3, now this is the crucial part, your device will ask for trust automatically, dont click trust

4, focus back to the device panel, left click the + and add the device, click next, it will ask you to tap the "trust" IN THE PANEL

5, now you can tap the "trust" in your phone, the panel will say phone added successfully

6, run the app again, problem should be solved.

This appears to have stopped working as a 'fix' for iOS 13.2.2 / Xcode 10.3

Same here! I get this when starting an App from XCode 10.3 on my iPadPro11 with iOS 13.2.2. Start on iPhoneX with iOS 13.2.2 works fine.

I could sovle the problem by downloading XCode 11.2.1 beta and running it. Then I connected and paired the iPadPro with 13.2.2 (in XCode 11.2.1). After this, I could start XCode 10.3 and the iPad was still paired, so that launching apps on it was possible again.

Fix for xCode 11.2 and iOS 13.2.2

- unpair device (like carusd.ljt did), quit xcode

- delete /Users/{username}/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport folder

- rerun xcode, reconnect iphone, wait for it prepared, run the app.

Found working solution for Xcode 10.x and iOS 13.x:

1. go to ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport/13.2/Symbols/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.dyld

2. create empty file if it is not there - .processed_dyld_shared_cache_arm64e

3. restart xcode and enjoy!

This worked for me, thanks. I'm on XCode 10.1 on High Sierra. The folder that corresponds to the actual iOS verison my iPhone 11 is on was there instead of "…/iOS DeviceSupport/13.2/Symbols/…" :

"…/iOS DeviceSupport/13.2.3 (17B111) arm64e/Symbols/…"

That did not resolve issue for me

this did not work for me

After 6 hours of googling (and trying very similar fixes) this worked for me

iOS 13.3.1, XCode 10.2.1

This worked for me! Thank you fallout1988!

Thank you so much fallout1988. My project runned success.