CloudKit Internal Error: "Signature Required"

I have an app that queries the public database for my custom container. It used to work fine till I just made some changes and ran it with the debugger, but now I can't stop getting this error about Internal Error: "Signature required"

This is what I see when I print the error's userInfo:

CKErrorDescription = "Signature required";

NSDebugDescription = "CKInternalErrorDomain: 2005";

NSLocalizedDescription = "Signature required";

NSUnderlyingError = "<CKError 0x2800c47b0: \"Internal Error\" (2005); \"Signature required\">";

I'm using this on an iOS12 device (not simulator) with a valid iCloud account (same one I've always used).

I've tried:

- rebooting phone and Mac

- logging into CloudKit dashboard, from the Mac, which works fine

- checked Xcode - target -> App Capabilites ... everything looks fine

Can anyone point out what else I can try? Or where I can look for diagnosing the issue?

Replies

I am also getting the "Signature required" error. How do we get someone at Apple to see if something is happening behind the scenes?

I am having the same issue. If someone to know how to solve that I appreciate.

Optional(<CKError 0x1c42574f0: "Internal Error" (1/2005); "Signature required">)

@zulfishah

What type of changes did you make, specifically? I recently added field to my Production database. Could this be related to that?

I'm having the same error. I haven't made any changes today.

Is everyone having this issue in their Production Database?

I'm having the issue in production only. My development database is still working.

Do you have any idea of how to contact Apple about this? They clearly need to fix something.

Sorry, I don't. Are you having the same issue?

Yes, I'm having the same issue. And so are all of my users 😠

@eskimo

I see you are Apple Staff. Can you respond to this?

I didn't change anything in the database; I was just changing how my app queries the database.

Some follow-up:

- deleting and reinstalling the app didn't help

- installed the app on another device and it works fine.

Some of my users are seeing the issue and others aren't. I have a server that accesses the DB that is also seeing the issue. I've been trying across various machines/Apple Ids and have finally found a combination that is working - my dev mac pro with mojave and my personal apple id. I don't know if it's something about this combination or if it was just luck. I've tried my personal apple id on my servers with no luck. I'm upgrading to mojave right now hoping that will make a difference. I need to get the server back up and running!

Now I'm seeing the issue in my development database as well. A new iOS update came out yesterday - I wonder if it is related.

I would suggest filing a Radar and attaching the sysdiagnose logs, just to help make the process quicker. Here are some details on how to do this: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?name=cloudkit

I'm not at a place where I can do that right now. Hopefully someone else is able to file a Radar in the meantime.