Battery lifetime after 1st night with Series 4 (cellular) and 5.0.1

After putting the series 4 on the charger last night (which were roundabout 5 hours on the charger) I traveled with it to work this morning (used 2 activities for walking), listened to spotify and got some train informations the watch was at 10% after 3,5 hours 😟

I checked the usage and it showed 5 hours 33 minutes usage since last full charge.

I hope this is getting better...

Maybe others with same experience ?

P.S. Sorry, just noted that 5.0.1 is the official release, so I updated now to 5.1 Beta 2.

Replies

Hi trolli,

Thanks for your report! Can you install the Battery Life logging profile - reproduce the unexpectedly high drain, take a sysdiagnose on your Watch and upload it to a Bug Report?

Include some notes about what you did during the day (similar to what you have above, but with some approx times/durations) in your report.

Thanks!

-nick

My battery life is attrocious on watch 4 cellular with 5.1 beta. Including today’s beta 5. I have submitted multiple logs to bug report.

Hi TechByJosh,

Can you let me know your bug report #? I'll take a look.

Thanks,

-nick

44277362 FYI, I submitted another log yesterday and then I set up the watch as new including removing and re-adding cellular plan. I have gotten about 10 hours of use today and I’m down to 12%. Awful. I have no third party apps installed either. One thing of note: When I am done upgrading or rebooting the watch I am not logged in the iMessage. Rebooting the watch does not help. I have to sign out of iMessage on the phone and sign back in every time I reboot and then it joins. And when I do sign out and sign back in on the phone I get a message saying I have an account mismatch. The same thing happens on another device I have here with a different iCloud.

FYI, my battery on my watch 2% instantly when I got on a call on my phone, not my watch. I posted a new log from yesterday this am on my bug report.

Thanks, TechByJosh. Please add these details (what was occuring when you observed the high battery drain rate, or just before it) when you upload logs. It's very helpful to understand the actions (if any) that happen when we're investigating the logs provided.

Thanks!
-nick

Yesterday I was doing nothing extraordinary. Working from home. No calls on the watch. No third party apps. No workouts.