5 identical review rejections and no details

Hi.

My app has been rejected 5 times for having been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata.

2.3.0 - Undergo significant concept changes after approval

2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website

3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app

4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app

5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app

5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used

Apple says: “Before we can continue with our review, please confirm that this app does not violate any of the above guidelines.”

I said that I wasn’t violating these guidelines and that if I was, I’d like more details so I can fix it. But the review team just keep rejecting us with the exact same message and no additional detail.

I also tried to appeal the rejection but I didn’t get any answer.

I’ve been publishing iOS apps for many years. I’ve always followed Apple’s guidelines and I never had any issues before, but somehow this ambiguous rejection started in February.

Anyone had this kind of problem before? How can I solve it?

Thanks

Replies

I am having this issue now. Everyone knows how to solve it? Maybe just wait some time?

Having the same issue waiting over two weeks doesn't matter how big your organisation is they are holding us to ransom.

i have got same kind problem. this is ridiculous

4.3 spam is problem for us too,

we developed a new innocative app but they insist on 4.3 spam.

We ask which app is dublicate, they dont reply yet. We appeal but still waiting review board.

What should we do?

Thanks

I submitted an update for an app that has been on the App Store for over 9 years and I received the same load of crap. I replied to each item and the app went back in review. That was over a week ago. I just received notification that it is ready for sale. I’m happy, but ****** off. I knew my app didn’t do any of the crap on that list. I’m fine with an extensive review. I just don’t want to feel like a criminal during the process.

Apple says this:

"This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines."

My take: How was the app 'identified'? I mean, what was it about the app that Apple flagged as one that MAY violate one or more of the following? In my case, after 9 years my app was identified. After 9 years.

And MAY violate? Not that it was identified as violating; it was identified as one that MAY violate.

Next comes the laundry list of stuff that the app may violate. It shocked me and upset me greatly. But is the real reason the app was identified somewhere in that list? Not that I could tell. Could you? After reading it, I knew that my app didn't violate that stuff, but I addressed every line with a reply.

Hey, Apple. Just say that the app is going into an extensive review and that from time to time, this will happen.

The same issue happened to us. The reason I believe is we used trademark names like Netflix, Hulu etc on our app description. I think a bot triggers this message when trademark names are used in the app description. Once we removed other trademark names, resubmitted the app, and in the review notes during resubmittion confirmed we are not violating any of their mentioned terms, then they approved the app successfully in a couple of days. Hope it helps!

The same issue happened to us. The reason I believe is we used trademark names like Netflix, Hulu etc on our app description. I think a bot triggers this message when trademark names are used in the app description. Once we removed other trademark names, resubmitted the app, and in the review notes during resubmittion confirmed we are not violating any of their mentioned terms, then they approved the app successfully in a couple of days. Hope it helps!

Facing the same issue , simple app nothing complicated

This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata

2.3.0 - Undergo significant concept changes after approval

2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website

3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app

3.2.1 - Do not come from the financial institution performing the loan services

4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app

5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app

5.2.3 - Facilitate illegal file sharing or include the ability to save, convert, or download media from third party sources without explicit authorization from those sources

5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used

I have replied that it doesn't violate any of the above guidelines , waiting for their response

Application got rejected for below reason. But couldn't what change need to do for this.

PLA 3.2 We found that your app or its metadata contains information on hacking or jailbreaking Apple operating systems, which is not in