Black simulator with Xcode 10 beta / iOS 12 Simulator

When attempting to launch a brand new demo project in the Xcode 10 beta simulator my simulator is black and is not responsive.
I've tried restarting Simulator, resetting content and settings, restarting Xcode, and even restarting my computer.
Anyone also have this issue?
Anyone have any ideas how I may be able to resolve this issue?

Replies

I've got the same setup as you tinbert, and unfortunately the exact same problem. However, works fine on MacBook Pro Retina 2012. The only thing that works for me is fall back (use Time Machine to restore CoreSimulator) to XCode 9 CoreSimulator but that means no iOS 12.

The very same machine setup and Xcode 10 GM and - alas - the very same problem: black screen in Simulator for iphone 6-8 Plus, and X, Xs, Xs Max, Xr.

I have the same problem here. tried hint = 0, 1, 2, 3. It didn't work.

iPads dont' work, iPhone XS Max desn't work

Other simualtors seems to be fine.

Thanks

Did you just run it in terminal?

My machine is macbook pro mid 2010, 8G.

Xcode 9 was running very smoothly before Xcode 10.

Didn't want to spend $1500 for a new macbook.

Thanks

I encountered the exact same issue.

I tried hint = 0, 1, 2, 3. It didn't work.

iPads dont' work, iPhone XS Max desn't work

Other simualtors seems to be fine.

Mac Mini 2010, 8G Ram, 150G free harddisk.

I am exactly the same .

I also tried Hint 0, 1, 2, 3, but none of them can see the effect.

Plus series and X series the screen is completely black.

Others are normal.

Are there other tips and advice for improvement?

iMac Late 2009

I have been searching around the net, but no luck. Tried a lot of things.

Probably Apple is too busy solve other bugs in iOS12 and Xcode10. I hope eventually they will fix this to save some old Macs.

My Macbook is an i7 from Mid 2010, 8G, 250G SSD. Running beautifully for what I am doing. No complaint about the speed.

But so sad that suddenly I cannot release new revisions to App store because I cannot make screenshots.

I am using Xcode10 right now. Just don't use those Plus simulators and iPads. This is only to keep my develpment going.

If Apple cannot fix it in a couple of weeks, I will be forced into getting a new Macbook Pro.

Has anyone reported another bug for this against the release version of Xcode 10? The OP was for an early beta, and it was fixed one or two betas later. If you want to make sure Apple realizes this problem exists again, someone should report a bug. FYI, I had this problem in the time frame of the OP, but not now on a mid 2012 Macbook Pro.

Black simulator with Xcode 10 beta / iOS 12 SimulatorHint 0, 1, 2, 3 no effect

All ipads, max and plus don't work

xCode 10.0

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 МБ

Intel HD Graphics 288 МБ

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010)

all did works in xCode 9

Imho Apple will not fix that anymore. Why should they? It looks like only Non-Metal-Macs are affected, and no "serious" developer will work on a non-Mojave-Mac, at least not at Apple.

So if we can't deliver the obligatory screenshots to our products, we won't be able to release apps/updates anymore - or buy a new Mac. Well 😟

It's a little bit picky, because it looks like a minor bug. Only simulated devices with @3 pixels seems to be affected, plus all iPad models.

For me, that may be the end of my time on the App Store, by the means of income it was a desaster in the last years, however it converted to a hobby for me, but my customers still have some right for bug fixes. Now I can blame Apple for not making updates anymore ;-)

If that's true, all 2011 Mac's or older will not work anymore? This is very sad!

Hi,

i've open a ticket as a developer in the approriate section, but after three days no one has answered.

All of you should post a ticket IMHO , somebody must answer!!

I just ordered a new Macbook Pro 13" today. I have production to update, cannot wait for another week.

I guess Apple has priorities. Just not enough 2011 or earlier machine out there to bring their attention.

Experiencing this same issue.

They fixed it!

At least, for me the new Xcode 10.1 beta 3 fixed the problems with "big" simulators, now iPhone X/S/R and plus models work again.

However, the performance seems to be really bad, the simulation of Metal is asking for some power, I assume.

Anyway, the screenshots work again and so we can submit apps again.