IAP restore mechanism doesn't work in iMessage since iOS 11

iMessage users haven't been able to restore their non-consumable in-app purchases in iMessage apps since iOS 11.

https://bugreport.apple.com/web/?problemID=41931872

Accepted Reply

It looks like this is fixed in the latest iOS 12.2 beta, just have to wait until it is released to the users. Unfortunately all the users with iOS 11.0-12.1.3 will have to upgrade in order to be able to restore their purchases.

Replies

Thank you! Reported this bug myself.

The link above isn't working for me. Could someone summarize the bug?

In my iMessage app, the store immediately fails when I attempt to restore a non-consumable in-app purchase. None of the delegates are called. Repurchasing works fine. This is when I'm testing on the device. I've tried using several different new sandbox test IDs with the same results.

Same issue here. Going through the normal purchase routine works to restore it, but past buyers aren't that brave usually to attempt a second purchase just to restore. Everything was fine in iOS10. No code changes here, so something broke along the way.

Thanks for the update. It is good to know that others are experiencing the same issue that I am.

This issue still exist in iOS 12.1 beta 2

This issue still exist in iOS 12.0.1

This issue still exist in iOS 12.1 beta 3

Did anyone get back to you regarding the bug report for restoring purchases?

No, not really.

This issue still exist in iOS 12.1 beta 4

This issue still exist in iOS 12.1 beta 5

This issue still exist in iOS 12.1.1 beta 1 as well

An engineer responded to my bug report and marked it as a duplicate (probably of yours). But at least they are aware of this now.

I faced with the same issue. Do you have any updates?

It looks like this is fixed in the latest iOS 12.2 beta, just have to wait until it is released to the users. Unfortunately all the users with iOS 11.0-12.1.3 will have to upgrade in order to be able to restore their purchases.