Using formatting in descriptiveAlertTemplate

I need to show a large amount of legalese in a tvOS application, and the easiest way to do this (or so I thought) is to use TVML. My question is regarding the TVML syntax itself.

I'm using the descriptiveAlertTemplate of TVML, as it seems to be the one described as being the most suited for this purpose. However, I would really like to be able to use some formatting in the text, such as having section titles in bold, bullet points, italics, and so on.

In HTML this would be rather easy. In TVML, however, it appears that it's impossible. No matter what tags I use inside the

<description>
block, nothing has any effect whatsoever. It appears as if all tags inside that block are completely ignored and have no effect. tags have no effect, tag with styles have no effect, nothing. The content between those tags is just shown as regular text, with no styles or anything applied to then. In other words, having eg. something like:

<description>
Some text here
<text style="color:rgb(0,0,255,0.3)">A test title</text>
More text here
</description>

simply causes all that text to be shown identically, with that style being completely ignored. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use

<text>
, or
<title>
, or any other tag. Everything between
<>
seems to be completely ignored.

Replies

Nobody has an answer to such a simple question? Not even the Apple staff?
Even a "sorry, you can't use any formatting inside the description block of a descriptiveAlertTemplate; it's all disabled on purpose" would be better than no response at all.
Why is TVML such a poorly documented format?

Unfortunately, Apple staff doesn't seem to care much about answering any questions that are posted on this forum. Just have a look at the list of unanswered questions + questions answered with "please file as a bug/enhancement"...