rvictl tool with iPhone XS? Invalid UDID format

I'm trying to run the rvictl -s command on my iPhone XS, but the UDID is in a different format from the original 40 character string. Does anyone know if rvictl will be updated to support the new device's UDID format? Currently the format for the UDID on iPhone XS is 00008020-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Any suggestions, anyone else rinning into this issue?

Replies

This is a known issue (r. 44577579). Looking at that bug it’s not clear exactly how the fix will ship. I believe that the fix will ship as part of Xcode, not part of the OS, but it’s definitely not in the current 10.1 beta.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

What's the best way to obtoain the UDID at this point while the fix comes out? It's not showing up in iTunes after clicking the serial.

What's the best way to obtoain the UDID at this point while the fix comes out?

I’m not sure these devices have a UDID.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Is there a way to look up the referenced bug? Do you have a link?

You can click on system report and look at the usb section. Find the connected iphone, and the UDID will be listed in the information pane. Just know that it does not follow the 40 character string as before. Another way is by connecting the iPhone and launching Xcode. Click on devices and simulators and you should see the phone listed there.

I'm having this exact bug with my XS Max 😟 I wondered if it was a fault I had or not.

You can click on system report and look at the usb section. Find the connected iphone, and the UDID will be listed in the information pane. Just know that it does not follow the 40 character string as before. Another way is by connecting the iPhone and launching Xcode.

I tried both of these and all I saw was the ECID.

Is there a way to look up the referenced bug?

You can only see the status of bugs that you file. If you’d like to monitor the status of this bug, you should file your own bug and request that it be dup’d to this one. You’ll then be able to see the status of the original.

And by “status” I mean just the status, that is, whether it’s open or closed.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Same issue here..

Come on Apple! I can't develop against the iphone x platform w/o the UDID... right!

Same issue on iphone xs ............When will the problem be fixed.

As RVI is near and dear to my heart I thought I’d post a quick update here.

I was hoping that the fix for this problem (r. 44577579) would be included in Xcode 10.1, but that’s not the case )-: I’m still hoping for this fix to ship sooner rather than later; I’ll update this thread once I know more.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Thanks eskimo for confirmation. I was trying with xcode 10.1 too and failed. Really hope to get a fix soon as many projects requires this tracing tool to work with latest iphone

In this thread It appears that there is a new, non-UUID identifier for the XS, XR series phones. Quoting from user deore in that thread (emphasis mine):

In iTunes only ECID is found for the Xs model, but with Xcode or 3rd party sw you can find Device ID: nnnnnnnn-nnnxnnnnnnnnnnnx which is accepted in device registration. In USB info it's serial number, but you need to add "-" after 8 digits.

Hey Eskimo,

Wondering if you have gotten any updates on this issue?

Wondering if you have gotten any updates on this issue?

Nothing positive, alas )-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”