Mach error -308 - (ipc/mig) server died

After installation of Xcode 9 Beta 3, I receive the message " The operation couldn’t be completed. (Mach error -308 - (ipc/mig) server died)" when I try to run my application on the simulator. Any clue why this error occurs?

Replies

Having the same issue.

Suggestions on how to resolve?

Having the same issue.

I am having the same error.

I did try to follow the instructions to solve the problem b/c a similar problems already happened with previous Xcode betas, but it did not help.

Same issue here, can't find the answer... such a basic issue even for a BETA software... what's the point of releasing it when you can't test anything on the simulator

I am also facing the same issue..... any help to resolve ???

In Xcode Preference Under the Locations Tab check what version of Command Line Tools you are using -> switching to 9.0 and then fully restart your mac. This worked for me.

The problem is fixed after installang the latest Mac Os Sierra patches (which came out today). It forces you to reinstall additional tools.

KInd Regards

Jan Boersma

Know im a little late to the party, but if anyone is searching ...

I also received this error by adding a bad image file to my asset catelog for the AppIcon. I converted the bad JPG to a PNG and it fixed the error for me.

I got this same error when use simulator iPhone XS Max.

+1 Same for me: the message appears when starting the XS Max simulator.

The other simulators run fine.

BTW, after relaunching the iPhone XS Max simulator, it displays a black screen and the app is in the state "Launching...". Never could have the app displayed on this simulator. The system logs seem normal and indicate that the Simulator has started. As I develop on a "MacBookPro6,1" (MacBook Pro 17'', mid-2010), with 8GB of RAM, I guess it's due to a graphics issue.

Hi,

I had 2 XCodes installed: one beta version and the non-beta version.

The beta version was older than the non-beta (9.4 vs 10.0).

I solved all my issues by installing the new version of the XCode Beta (10.1 - Build 10O45e): no more message and the iPhone XS Max simulator works now.

Hi,

After installing Xcode 11 No version of Xcode works any more with simulator I got the same message "Mach error -308" ... I uninstalled Xcode 11.. Reinstalled Xcode 10 from scratch but without success.. Any suggestions?

1. Uninstall xcode11
  2. Install Xcode 10 (No need to re-install if it's already installed)
  3. Remove
    /Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework
  4. Launch Xcode 10 and agree to install command line tools

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56450295/cannot-run-application-on-simulator-after-installing-xcode-11-cfbundleversion/56517553#56517553

Thank you very much ! problem solved !!

this one solved my problem:

Click Edit Scheme of the project target, select Run phase row, and uncheck Debug executable below the Info tab, this solved my problem.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/64347945/3481741