Is it possible to use automatically managed signing with a CarPlay entitlement?

I would like Xcode 8 to automatically manage signing, but when I add my CarPlay entitlement, code signing fails. Is there a capibility I can enable or am I stuck manually managing my profiles?

Accepted Reply

As of Xcode 10 GM you cannot. Apps must be signed manually in order to interact with CarPlay..

Replies

Seems the answer is "no"

Still No?

There is no option In the XCode 10 GM to check CarPlay capability. On de developer console I can not create certificate for carplay development. When it will available?

As of Xcode 10 GM you cannot. Apps must be signed manually in order to interact with CarPlay..

I can't sign manually, I can't create app ID with carplay "capability". This option available to "VIP" developers only? The "carplay" YES is in the entitlement...

Hi All,

is there any news (or solution may be...)?

Regards

This is still not possible in Xcode 11.

Unfortunate, as I'm now stuck on how to create a Catalyst app, as in the WW session they just show how to do it with manual signing (it's magic!).

Time to give this another bump: Is there any news in Xcode 12 on this topic?
still the same in Xcode 12

It seems this is possible now with Xcode 13 and later. See my other post about it here: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/717592?login=true&page=1#732509022

The docs for provisioning with managed capabilities have steps for setting it up, specifically under the "Editing an App ID with additional capabilities for Xcode & Xcode Cloud" section.

Special thanks to eskimo for letting me know about this.