Getting CarPlay Framework Navigation App to work on simulator

On Beta 2:

I am having trouble getting a hello world CarPlay navigation app working in the simulator.

I have linked carplay.framework and implemeted the CPApplicationDelegate in my appdelegate.

When I launch the app and then turn on Hardware->External Displays->Carplay the application:didConnectCarInterfaceController: method is never hit.

Am I missing something? Do I need a special app entitlement or plist entry or something?

Replies

Hi,

Have you fixed the above issue ?

I downloaded 10 beta 4. For development it does not look like you should set up any entitlements anymore to run on the simulators. In the AppDelegate just import CarPlay, add the CPApplicationDelegate and didConnectCarInterfaceController and didDisconnectCarInterfaceController should be called. This goes against everything I had read to this point.

Do you have the CarPlay Navigation Entitlement? If not you can request it here :

https://developer.apple.com/contact/carplay/

Also by enabling the following in the Simulator.app -> Menu -> Hardware -> External Displays -> CarPlay you should see a CarPlay simulator become active.

Providing your entitlements are correct and you are seeing the application icon in the CarPlay homescreen, sometimes the CarPlay simulator needs to be restarted a couple of times before the breakpoints are actually hit. In particular necessary, when the app crashes or disconnects from the debugger.