Watch OS 5 update says not connected to Internet

I went to check for a Apple Watch OS and it says not connected to Internet. I am definetly connected via Internet on my iPhone 6 so I am lost at what to try. I have done the following

1. Switched the iPhone and Watch into Airplane mode then back on

2. Rebooted the watch and the iPhone

Not sure what to do next, any ideas would be welcome.

• ive been trying to pair my watch for 4 months and I won’t work. It says the WiFi is not connected when it is and has 4 bars. I don’t know how to fix it and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

• Make sure you’re not on 5g and reboot your router.

• Purchased the Apple Watch 5 in Nov of 21 for a Christmas present, it was an open box, unused device. It took over a week of trial and error including the hard resets and app removals, etc. I had success just today. My network had a 2.4 Ghz and a 5Ghz network; for the last week i have had the phone on the 2.4Ghz band.

Just today I connected the Iphone to the 5Ghz network, then started the pairing process once again. Note the apple watch never appeared on my 2.4 Ghz network when my phone was connected to the 2.4 Ghz.At this point the Router network recognized the Apple watch.I assigned it to a home device and rename it within my network.Next I had to list it as a wearable device. This allowed the router network to open communication to the Apple Watch and begin to accept the updates.It appeared for a while that the updates stalled, but after almost half an hour the Iphone said it had another update, then another. It finally finished updating to OS 8.3 and restarted. Now going through the final set-up phase. Hope this helps.

Replies

I had the same issue and these steps seems working for me:

1. Check if the Beta Profile installed on the Watch first. (If you had unpaired it before, it's very likely uninstalled too.)
  2. Reboot the watch
  3. In my case, even though my phone is connected with the watch, the watch does not seems to be connected to network. You can test this with watch apps like Email, Weather etc.
  4. Go to your watch settings -> Wi-Fi -> Manually select your WiFi network
  5. You should be able see if it's connected, go back to those watch apps and they should start loading.
  6. Now use your phone's watch companion app, and try to check for update. It might take a while to load.

Hope it helps.

I have the same problem in france...

I restart aw and iphone nothing

airplaine mode nothing

install or uninstall profil nothing

Pair and unpair aw nothing

Im on beta 5.

Tried everything. Nothing works for me.

Watch: Unpair, reset, reinstall profile every time (set up as "new watch" each time). Tried Wifi on the watch. Airplane moded it. Tried while charging, and on wrist.

Phone: Reinstall profile. Tried different connections: VPN, 4G, Wifi, Airplane moded it.

In Feedback app: Settings -> My beta devices: Only my iPhone is shown here. Same for you?

Checked that no one removed my UUID for the watch. Nothing will get it the find beta 6 update. Just the **** message about "not connected to the internet".

I was finally able to get this to work. Had to remove profile on both watch and phone, then reinstalled profile on watch. Once that was installed and watch was rebooted I forced the watch to use an internet connection (just opened an app that uses an internet connection) and then the upgrade to beta 6 worked fine.

Beta 6 also resolved the issues with workouts not tracking calories and distance.

After installing ios 12 developer beta 7 on my phone, I was able to install watchos 5 developer beta 7 on my phone and all issues I was experiencing have dissappeared (not connected to internet & activity). Battery life seems to have improved as well.

Hi,

does is really help ? iOS 12 was pull out from download ...

Regards,

Pavel

For me yes, it really did help and solve the issues I was having, I was able to update before the new beta was pulled.

Same problem here with iPhone 6 and AW S1.

Only solution is to unpair it from your iPhone 6 and pair it with an iPhone X with iOS 12 beta 6 or higher.

then the AW can update to latest beta.

unpair and pair it to your iPhone 6 again.

looks like a specific problem with iPhone 6 in combination with Watch.

This is not specific to the iPhone 6/AW S1 combination. I am using an iPhone X/AW S1 combination and had the same issue. Like I mentioned in my comment above, after updating my iPhone to beta 7 (now 8) my AW was then able to connect to the internet and update to beta 7.

It is a strange issue again, I updated to beta 7 and instaled after the watchos profil but still the same issue that not connected to internet. I am tired of unpair and pair again several times for the updates.

But... lads what I found out and it works perfect for me is. Check on the watch the WiFi and connect it new to your preferred WiFi (sometimes it may take 2-3 times) after that wait 2-3 minutes and the update should work and no more an error like “no internet connection” Worked for me. iPhone X and Watch series 1 Good luck

Hi Schuffi,

We definitely had some previous cases where an error in posting the update would cause the "not connected to internet" symptom, but things should be okay now. If you can make it happen again, please install the sysdiagnose profile, reproduce, and take a sysdiagnose to attach to a bug report. We can take a look.

Thanks,

-nick

I have a similar issue with the newest iOS beta 12 and watchOS beta 10. Basically, when installing the watchOS beta profile via the iPhone I do not get any option to select the watch as a target device. I only get the message that I should restart the iPhone and the profile ends up on the iPhone.

My watch is currently in a factory state without any watchOS and basically not usable. I can start to pair the watch with the phone but when I try to update the watch I get the not connected to Internet message. how Can I make sure that the watchOS beta profile is installed on the watch and not on the iPhone?

This seemed to work for me. As soon as I took it off the charger and unlocked, it worked.

Enter PIN on your watch.