a new iOS update is now available. Please update from the iOS 12 beta

HI guys,

I just got a pop up saying "a new iOS update is now available. Please update from the iOS 12 beta", but i'm already on ios12 beta 9 and I don't see any new updates on the download page as well. Anyone got any thoughts about this? Probably hints us that the GM version is coming soon...

https://ibb.co/eDUKiK

Replies

I"m seeing this too on multiple devices.

Running 12.0 (16A5365b)

is this the public release or the dev release?

my profile is called:

iOS 12 Beta Software Profile

Configures your iOS device with the Apple Beta Software Program.

That is the developer beta. But I read on Reddit the same issue is affecting public beta devices.

The issue is based on the date. If you change the date back to yesterday August 29th no more messages. Also tested moving the date to tomorrow August 31st, messages still occur.

Some people started getting the message as early as Aug. 24, which is why I recommend changing the date earlier than yesterday.

This problem continues even though I have upgraded to iOS 12 beta 11.

I was also getting this same popup on the release version of iOS11. I decided to upgrade to build 11 of the iOS12 beta but it hasn't solved the problem.

Because of the date?

Setting the date back worked for me.

Same issue here.

Same issue here! What a nuisance!

iOS 12 Public Beta 9.

Its bizzare... have two devices (iphone x and 7+) on beta 11... every time i unlock the "new beta available" message pops up. But I also have a ipad air2 on stock 11.4.1 and it is also now getting the same message!! Is this some accidental piece of malware like activity being propogated across the ios developer community?

If you change the date then won’t your calendar get messed up? This doesn’t sound like an ideal solution.

Mine too — every time I unlock. I’m currently on 12.0 (16A5365b) — which ever version that is. IPhone X.

Same issue here. (Update PopUp every time phone is unlocked) Started: Today when first unlocking my phone ~08:00 (UTC +2) Device: iPhone X Version: 12.0 (16A5365b) Developer Beta profile is active Has anybody opened a ticket for this bug using the feedback app?

hi ther am having the same problem but not on an iphone but on my iPad Air 2 don't know what is really happening aout there at Apple but they should get it. i which there was a way to turn offf this feature in the future hope so