Critical Alerts entitlement

Does anyone know what the entitlement key is for Critical Alerts? I am trying to include them in a demo app (not publishing to App Store), but I cannot find any information on how to get them working. Contacted support (which is apparently the way to get this information) but they just pointed me to the HIG which is less than helpful.

Accepted Reply

You can request the entitlement by visiting https://developer.apple.com/contact/request/notifications-critical-alerts-entitlement/.

I'm informed that this won't be granted purely for demo purposes. The audience for this entitlement is significantly restricted given how disruptive critical alerts are.

--gc

Replies

Hi, you can use key "com.apple.developer.usernotifications.critical-alerts" with boolean value "YES" in your .entitlements file

Hello, there will be an error message.“Provisioning profile "xxxxxx" doesn't include the com.apple.developer.usernotifications.critical-alerts entitlement”,ask how to solve it? Thank you.

You can request the entitlement by visiting https://developer.apple.com/contact/request/notifications-critical-alerts-entitlement/.

I'm informed that this won't be granted purely for demo purposes. The audience for this entitlement is significantly restricted given how disruptive critical alerts are.

--gc

I had to explicitly set the key "com.apple.developer.usernotifications.critical-alerts" with boolean value "YES" in .entitlements file even though my provisioning profile had the critical alerts feature included.

We did request critical alert entitlement for several times over the last 4 weeks and we did not get any response. We recently transferred our applications from an old to our new account and the critical alert entitlement was not included with this transfer. Critical alert entitlement is required to update our applications and its prevents us from doing so.

We applied to many different apple support channels to get answers and we were directed here. I'm waiting for an answer on how we can get a response for the requests, and I will appreciate it if someone can help us out.

The last follow up code for the critical alert entitlement request is: 725192900

Vxggf

Samething here... Can't update my apps cause the critical alerts isn't working anymore... Since a few month!

Submitted first Critical Alerts entitlement request on 3 March 2020 (Follow-up: 730783612) - no any response.

Resubmitted second Critical Alerts entitlement request on 9 April 2020 (Follow-up: 733163676) - no any response.

Wrote to support couple of times and got almost the same response:

I can confirm that these type of requests are handled by a different team. They do not share their procedures with us and therefore we cannot provide you with a timeframe.

Having said, the best advice is to be patience and wait for the team to provide you with an update.

2 month for getting critical alerts feature slows down app development a lot.

UPD: Today (5 May 2020) my request (733163676) was approved.

Everything in AtOmXpLuS.CoM

We are encountering the same problem. We made the first request on 26 of April and the second on the 6th of May. Our app is ready to be updated but we can't update because we have not received any response.

When I asked for this, I never got an explicit response. The entitlement just showed up. Keep a lookout for a compile time warning about missing the entitlement in your entitlements file. THEN add com.apple.developer.usernotifications.critical-alerts = YES to your entitlements plist file. If you don't get that warning (and you haven't already added the key), your request has not been approved.

For anyone else wondering if they will get an explicit response, as far as we know, we also did not receive one. An easier way to see if this has been granted is to go to the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles section in the developer centre, find your App ID, and if you click into it and this has been granted, you will find a new tab under Edit your App ID Configuration called "Additional Capabilities", which the critical alerts entitlement sits under.

We have access to other companies app store accounts as well as the one we requested the entitlement on so I can confirm that this tab does not show unless Apple have granted you this capability!

I have a workaround.

• Get Critical Alert Permission from User instead of Apple
  • https://zhaoxin.pro/16703819971617.html