In-App Purchases Statistics

Hi,

I have 3 different In-App purchases in my app.

I'm using Facebook Analytics & Firebase SDKs. Both show similar statistics. Facebook Analytics, for example, shows the following statistics, related to In-App purchases for a last 90 days:

- Initiated checkout: 169

- Purchase Cancelled: 123

- Purchases: 46

So, amount of completed purchases is about 28% of the total initiated purchases! Why so many purchases are cancelled? Is this the normal ratio? May be I'm doing something wrong in my code? Can anybody share purchases ratios with me.

Thank you.

Replies

Ask what new information the user is getting by tapping productRequest. I assume it is the price of the IAP. Is your price unexpected by 3/4 of your users?

Can you identify whether a user is represented multiple times in initial checkout?

App provides mobile wallet to store bonus, store, loyalty cards. Initially is limited to 15 cards. 2 consumable in-apps are for additional card slots, non-consumable in-app provides unlimited wallet and no ads. In-app prices are listed, so user can see the price before tapping on a purchase button.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/store-cards/id1273169716

I do not think so, because in-app prices (taken from AppStore in a local currency) are listed, so user can see the price before tapping on a purchase button. Tapping on a purchase buttons open standard iOS alert messages, which are completely handled by Apple. The whole process is controlled by SKPaymentTransactionObserver's delegate method. PurchaseCanceled evend fires when appropriate transaction state is set to SKPaymentTransactionStateFailed. Successful purchase corresponds to SKPaymentTransactionStatePurchased state.

>>Can you identify whether a user is represented multiple times in initial checkout?

Not quite understand what do you mean

Regarding the price - unless you are separately downloading and displaying the price of the IAP, the user sees the price only before they either chose to "Buy" or "Cancel" the purchase. If your IAPs were $39.99 and the user was expecting $1.99 then you will get lots and lots of cancellations and very few purchases.

I would expect that an IAP that is more than a minimum price will get some purchase resistance. For example, say the IAP was $4.99 not $0.99. A user (actually 3 users - A, B and C) likes the app and is considering upgrading it. That user, not knowing it is not $0.99, goes to the App Store, discovers it is not $0.99 and rejects the purchase (actually A buys it, B & C do not). Three weeks later the app is so good the user (actually only B, not C) decides to make the purchase even though the IAP is $3.99.

If A =23 people

and B = 23 people

and C = 100 people

then you have 169 visits (A +2*B + C) and only 46 (A+B) purchases

I still don't think, that this issue relates to the prices. Because in-app purchases screen uses SKProductsRequest object, and it's delegate method returns current AppStore prices for all 3 in-apps in a local currency. This is made at the very early stage, so the most likely, when this screen becomes visible, user will see these prices. Purchase buttons become enabled only when the app receives the prices. So, in case, when there's no Inet connection or if SKProductsRequest takes a long time to download, or if it fails - user will not able to initiate a purchase until product data is completely downloaded.