Issue with Packet Tunnel provider.

I am seeing a similar to the one reported in this thread: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/98615. Once I include my Servers in the Excluded routes, and after a series of network changes(I think, I can't consistently reproduce it but it happens after a day or two in which the device would've undergone Network Switches), then I am unable to communicate with the Servers provided in the Excluded routes. I can access any other URL's but just not the ones provided in the Excluded routes. I get the error 49: Can't assign requested address. I tried restarting the VPN, turn ON/OFF wifi or switch to LTE and it still doesn't work. I made changes to the Packet tunnel so that the Servers are no longer in the Excluded routes, and then start the VPN, which in turn start the tunnel(I do check that the new routes are being read), hoping that this would fix the issue. But once I get the error 49: Can't assign requested address, it seems like there is no other way out other than restarting the device.

Is this a routes table issue that happens on the device? Has the bug 38789518 been fixed?

nw_socket_connect connectx failed (fd 47, 107.20.227.96:80 stream, pid: 499) [49: Can't assign requested address]

Replies

Has the bug 38789518 been fixed?

No. That bug was dup’d to another bug (r. 34406989) which is still being investigated.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"