Worldcup 2018 App rejected by Apple

Hello,

My App "CM Football" was rejected by Apple.

https://cmfootball.julienkermarec.com/

I have this response :

Regarding the 5.2.1 issue, your app still includes content that resembles FIFA.

To resolve this issue, it would be appropriate to remove any terms that are a FIFA’s trademark.

I do not understand what I have to delete, thank you for helping me !

Replies

They refer to this guideline

5.2.1 Generally: Don’t use protected third party material such as trademarks, copyrighted works, or patented ideas in your app without permission, and don’t include misleading, false, or copycat representations, names, or metadata in your app bundle or developer name. Apps should be submitted by the person or legal entity that owns or has licensed the intellectual property and other relevant rights and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app.

You should go to fifa site and see what resembles your app. May be the set up to present the result trees (copycat representation) ? Or the names along the countries flags.

I'd guess they're also pointing to the overall concept/idea, and not just some otherwise specific element, in which case you are forced to concede, not just make simple changes.

You may have to admit, tho, that even the title of this thread shows your intent to capitalize on someone else's rights via trademark infringement - 'Worldcup 2018' is a trademark.

I think FIFA has trademarked lots of flags and symbols that you are using in your app.

Especailly the "arbre final" makes one think of material seen on FIFA website.

Could you change the design, with something original in place of tree structure (require a bit of imagination) ? May be adding animation wherre looser would shrink and winner "jumps" into winner cell ? Or replace the flags with their emoji (they look a bit different)