How to offer an "upgrade" IAP to a subscription?

I already have an app on the app store, with IAPs like this:

- Free to download - it watermarks images as a limitation

- IAP "basic": one-time non-consumable feature-unlock package

- IAP "event": one-time non-consumable feature-unlock package, contains all of "basic" + more

- IAP "pro" subscription: auto-renewing yearly subscription that unlocks ALL functionality

This setup hasn't changed in about a year...

Because all of the features are free to try before purchase, most users buy the package that's best for them, and that's that.

BUT, sometimes over time a user's business grows, and they want to upgrade from "event" to "pro".

At the moment they have to pay for "pro" as if they'd never paid for "event" which *****.

Is there some way to have the price of "pro" (yearly sub) depend on whether they have "event" or not?

For example am I allowed to have another "pro" sub which is the same as the existing one, but is only offered in the app to those who have purchased "event", and has a lower price? (By "am I allowed" I mean will I get rejected or not)

Or is there a better way?

thanks

Accepted Reply

> For example am I allowed to have another "pro" sub which is the same as the existing one, but is only offered in the app to those who have purchased "event", and has a lower price? (By "am I allowed" I mean will I get rejected or not)

Yes. Create a second Pro IAP with a different productIdentifier and have its price be lower. Then display to the user ony one of those two Pro IAPs depending on whether or not they have purchased the event IAP.

Replies

> For example am I allowed to have another "pro" sub which is the same as the existing one, but is only offered in the app to those who have purchased "event", and has a lower price? (By "am I allowed" I mean will I get rejected or not)

Yes. Create a second Pro IAP with a different productIdentifier and have its price be lower. Then display to the user ony one of those two Pro IAPs depending on whether or not they have purchased the event IAP.

Awesome. Can you verify that you have at least one app that does this, approved on the app store? thanks!

Nope.

Update: it worked, thanks. This new IAP is live on the app store.

I can now verify that at least one app does this.