Unable to check for update

Is anyone else getting this message? I am on a Series 2 with iPhone 7Plus - I installed the Dev. beta 5 and it has been very problematic, and keeps saying there is another update available, however, when I go to General -> Software update I get the message:

”Unable to Check for Update

Checking for a software update failed because you are not connected to the Internet.

Cancel / Try Again”

Obviously I am connected to the internet, and if I hit Try Again, I get the same message.

Other symptoms I am seeing with Beta 5 include:

1) Watch can’t unlock Mac

2) Swim measurements in work out are all wonky

3) Watch get’s notifications but can’t seem to see the iPhone

Accepted Reply

I had that issue on upgrading to beta6, but when I clicked on the App Store within the Watch App, it asked me to “continue” then I was able to see the update.

Replies

Other posters suggest removing and reinstalling the profile on both iphone and watch.

FYI, beta 6 indicates:

"Resolved Issues• Swim workouts might record inaccurate lap count, distance, and auto-sets. (42549055)"

I havent had any connection issues on beta 5 (iphone8, watch s2), but will update to 6 later today.

Ok, Just updated iphone to Beta 6, and tried to update to Beta 6 on the watch.. still getting the message

"Unable to check for update"

Raised a bug report - 42982254

I had that issue on upgrading to beta6, but when I clicked on the App Store within the Watch App, it asked me to “continue” then I was able to see the update.

That seems to have done it.. installing now.. crossing fingers it will finish OK.

Same here, been like that for the last 7 hours. AZ (USA)

I have the same problem and I have tried all possible tricks I have read of but nothing has helped. If someone finds a viable solution, please write it here

OK, took many many hours, but it did finally work. Seems that the Watch is much more functional once again. Thanks!

So all steps,

Removed Profile - rebooted Watch,

Installed Profile - rebooted Watch,

Phone is on beta 6,

tried to connect, got message,

click on App Store in watch App, once it loaded successfully,

went back and retried install, Watch on wrist and unlocked,

got past the retry message an it worked.

Download took over night, (4-6 hours)

Installed, and waited the long reboot of watch - and now it is working again.

Hope these steps help.

This helped and managed to do the update. Anyhow, tried the same yesterday.

I think the key is to have the beta profile only in the watch.

i tried yesterday practically everything and all combinations

Me too. Same thing - crazy though. I have not gotten any work around to work. Here is waiting a few weeks

I was able to get it to work by re-installing the beta profiles on both the iPhone and the Watch.

I ran into this when using the watch's Settings/General/Software Update. However using the iPhone's Apple Watch App General/Software Update worked fine. Sort of the opposite of the beta 5 installation experience.