In-app purchase promo code.

I'm unable to use In-app purchase promo code (https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=10282016a).

I have created a promo code in iTunes connect for In-app purchase.

But when I use this code in iPhone (AppStore -> Redeem -> Entered code manually), I'm getting an error message You must redeem this code on Apple TV. I'm not sure why this error came, as my app is an iPhone application. Am I did anything wrong ? Please help me to resolve this.

Replies

I don't think IAP promo codes are ready for prime time yet. I keep getting a "cannot connect to iTunes store" error message. The "free" code for the same app worked fine, however.

I would like to add my "me too" for must be redeemed on a Apple TV. I guess this is some kind of progress, the previous error was "only valid in the USA"...

Yes, I am getting this error too, regarding Apple TV

I am getting the same error. I have several promo codes. Thay wotk on my iPhone, but not on my iPad where i get this message: "You must redeem this code on Apple TV."

I have tried everything. Restart, restore with bakup, restore without backup etc. No luck.

I am having the same issue. I generated a bunch of IAP promo codes today. I was able to redeem some of them myself.

I gave the remaining codes to someone else and they do not work for her. They generated the error: You must redeem this code on Apple TV

I got same issue. After new update, I get same message "You must redeem this code on Apple TV"

My app can only in iPhone and iPad.

This is still an issue. I had a user report this error just today.

Has anyone found an explanation for this issue (a promo code for an in-app purchase in an iOS-only app indicating that it should be redeemed on Apple TV)?

We are also running into this issue. We were previously able to create and redeem promo codes for our in-app purchases, but now we either get the error saying that they need to be redeemed on Apple TV or an unable to connect to iTunes error. This seems like a settings/configuration issue as I can't imagine that this would be a problem for so long without a fix from Apple? Is there any possible settings that someone could think of to check?

Yep, getting this message too for my in-app promo codes - I wonder if it's a temporary issue since nobody chimed in from Dec 2016 to Apr 2018. Would be grateful if anyone finds a workaround.

I have been experiencing this problem since 3 or 4 days ago.Can not redeem any non-cosumable IAP code.

Got the same issue reported today, none of my promo codes are working. Hope this is just a temporary thing.

Also having this issue on all of my apps.

Same thing happening here - started about August 3rd or so (first time I had a promo code user report it).

We are having this issue as well. We are having the issue with Weekly Subscription IAP. We haven't tried giving out monthly or yearly subscriptions, so not sure if that is the issue as well. Can y'all report if the issues noted ("You must redeem this code on Apple TV") are for subscriptions or something else? If subscriptions, is it only a weekly subscription issue or is it for all time periods? Thanks for any feedback you can offer!

Also receiving this same issue for iOS specific in-app purchase! Tried everything on multiple devices and users to no avail.