iOS 12 GPS not working.

AT&T or Wi-Fi GPS not working On iOS 12 anyone else having this issue? If so is there anyway to fix it. I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix it nothing works.

Replies

I have the same problem with the gps and still it won't work after update to beta 5. I think I will restore my device to ios 11.

I can't understand why Apple don't have resolve this problem.

I have the same problem with my iPhone 6.

I have the same problem with my iPhone 6. I have tried all the tricks (about 7) at home including a full restore. I have not tried to go back to previous iOS. I do have an appointment set up at apple store we will see what they have to say.

I had the same issue and finally I solved it.

In my car there is fm transmitter that connect the iphone through the bluetooth to car speakers.

I had noticed that every time that the phone was away from the fm transmitter the GPS signal was fine.

So in my case its not software or hardware issue but Collision between frequencies.

Its a good idea to check the GPS signal without any other devices around.

Any feedback from this discussion with Apple ?

same issue here with iphone 6

tried all kind of reset reset, restore backup after reinstall and clean reinstall only but gps still unavailable....

is Apple working on the issue ?

It’s all repeating again with latest IOS :(
I have same issue since ios 12 on my iphone 7 plus.
use app like gps diagnosis can see the gps accuracy is around 65 meter when enable wifi

If i reset all the network and location settings and keep my iphone disconnected from network
the gps can not fix gps signal, dan gps diagnosis tool shows no data.

anyone know if this is a hardware problem or something wrong in core location api?
I am having this issue on iOS 14.1 on an XS. Anyone else having it?
iPhone 6 - same issue for me, think it was fine in August and September and now location services is only using phone masts as far as I can tell. My son also has an iphone 6 and his is fine, we both have the latest iOS and mine has been factory reset twice. I also replaced the wifi\bluetooth\GPS antenna. After an incredible amount of time on the phone Apple said to take it for repair and gave me a couple of approved 3rd party partners as it is an old model. I might admit defeat here.