Audio cuts out frequently

I've noticed since beta one on the ATV4k that the audio has stearted curtting out regularly for about 3 seconds and about every 10-15 minutes. It started out being once in a while, now it's regularly across all streaming apps (netflix, amazon, disneynow, nickjr, plex).

Submitted a bug report on it awhile ago, haven't heard anything back.

Accepted Reply

I have too. See post right below this one. the audio drops are a little longer in the current beta but I see they now have it designated as a bug in the Release Notes. For anyone else posting, it helps to paste your bug report number in the posts. It gets more attention from the devs.

Edit: issue appears to be fixed with beta 5.

Replies

Yes, I have submitted many reports about this to Apple. Please address, this was introduced just after the first TVOS12 beta.

I have too. See post right below this one. the audio drops are a little longer in the current beta but I see they now have it designated as a bug in the Release Notes. For anyone else posting, it helps to paste your bug report number in the posts. It gets more attention from the devs.

Edit: issue appears to be fixed with beta 5.

Been having this exact problem, audio cuts out randomly for about 1-2-3 seconds.

Another related issue is that I see radom flickers of choppy green pixels on the screen.

Overall I have no idea what to do to avoid this problem.

My old non-4k Apple TV works flawlessly, the new one is nothing but headaches.

In theory according to the release NOTES:

Playback

Resolved Issues

• Intermittent audio signal drops can occur during video playback. (39875267)

• Some video content might display brief periods of full-screen visual artifacts. (41191464)

looks like mine was fixed after I updated to the current beta.

So far, mine as well. I wish  would credit me for the 6 moveis we watched in agony with those audio cutouts 😝

I have tested 4-5 apps so far on new beta and it appears fixed. Last will be Apple Movies...

Remember it's a Beta so its use at one's own risk but I can say that if you were to contact iTunes support they will generally refund when you ask politely and explain your position even after the fact. But I had the same experience for two weeks before this was fixed and realized wholly that this is just what it is.

Still happening 2 years later. iOS 14.4. Bluetooth connection to Bose SoundTouch 20.
  • Same except I'm on an old ipad Air that cannot be updated & mine isn't ATV. Mine is while using streaming app All4 & it's MEGA annoying. It doesn't ALWAYS do it but most of the time.

Add a Comment
I've been experiencing this issue from iPhone 7+ through iPhone XS and Apple TV4k. Issue persists with audio only as well.

Currently occurring on iPhone XS (iOS 14.4 and Apple TV 4K) intermittent audio cutouts on strong and fast 5GHZ network.

• This is still an issue for me. It’s 2021, btw. TVOS 14.6. Cuts out every few minutes for a second.

Add a Comment
  • This has been a problem for the last 10+ years. I think it all started with the Airport Express. It worked flawlessly for a couple of years with the Airport Express. Then, one day it just started dropping out. Whether it is the IPhone, Airport Express, AirPort Extreme, or Apple TV (all generations), there is some bad code that has been propagated since it started. I have been dealing with this issue since it started. After 10+ years, I don’t think it will ever be fixed. I just don’t understand how such a simple issue cannot be fixed. I’m a retired IT professional.
  • My old iPad air's audio cuts out every 10-12 seconds for about 3-5 seconds but not whilst using AppleTV. It happens while using YouTube.com [cannot download YouTube on iPad air] UK streaming apps All4 & My5. It does the EXACT same thing on my mother's iPhone 13 ProMax & 6th generation iPad running iOS 16. Annoying especially considering the way Apple constantly & falsely claims their devices are superior.

Add a Comment

Just updated to the latest firmware to fix the audio dropping for a second once every two minutes or so. Then it started happening once every minute or the sound would completely shut off or become warped and garbled.

Found tons of recommendations of changing audio/video settings, playing non-Atmos content to go back to play Atmos content, even found found recommending switching the video frequency (Hz). Nothing works. I have two Apple 4Ks. One hooked up to just a TV that this does not happen with. The one that it happens with is the one sending signal through a Dolby Atmos receiver with a Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Super annoying. Took 2.5 hours to watch a 1.5 hour movie and ended up just watching it on the TV sound only setup. Why do I have a +$5,000 speaker system setup if I can't use it?

No idea what to do, but definitely super annoying.

Me too! I’ve tried everything and they want me to take it in to Best Buy geek squad pfff I won’t do it because then I’ll be without a TV

This problem was occurring on my Apple TV HD until just now when I changed to Audio Output from the default setting to “Sterio” and it’s been fine for 30 minutes now after drop outs every few minutes.