Xcode 10 beta 4 - stdlibc++ headers not found;

I get this warning compiling Tesseract OCR engine on beta 4.

warning: include path for stdlibc++ headers not found; pass '-std=libc++' on the command line to use the libc++ standard library instead [-Wstdlibcxx-not-found]

After the warning I get an error <string. or <vector> not found.

Can anyone help? What exactly do I need to do to move forward?

Worked fine with beta 3 (and for the last 10 years). If I try to edit the file Xcode then crashes.

Replies

If anyone else has this issue, there is a a setting in build setting for which will set which c++ libraries to use (libc++ is now default). in my case I simply changed the minimum system to something recent, Xcode then will seset the critical bits for you.

For anyone else encountering this issue, I was encountering it because one of my project's frameworks was still using the old "libstdc++" library which is now unsupported in Xcode 10. I had to go into the framework's Build Settings, scroll all the way down to "Apple Clang - Language - C++" and change the C++ Standard Library from "libstdc++ (GNU C++ standard library)" to "libc++ (LLVM C++ standard library with C++11 support)"

I also encountered such a problem, but I solved it like this.

copy from

/Applications/Xcode9.4.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk/usr/include/c++ to Xcode10 the same path

Xcode10 had deleted it.

also,you should copy simulator c++ files.

hope that it works.

good luck.

To solve this problem completely, I needed to copy the following libraries as well as the headers:

libstdc++.tbd, libstdc++.6.tbd and libstdc++.6.0.9.tbd

in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk/usr/lib.

Thx.

Could you explain your solution better?

I get that you have found

these files:

libstdc++.tbd, libstdc++.6.tbd and libstdc++.6.0.9.tbd

here:

Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk/usr/lib.

move to:

[INSERT DIRECTORY (...I am dumb I am sorry...)]

I copy file but not run.

How can I copy the simulator files? Where is it? Could you help me?

Same problem happened to me, i just upgrade to 10.15 beta and install libc++

via brew. Hope it's working for you too.