Can CreateML classifier differentiate among color?

Hi,

I was trying to train the Image classifier on different datasets, but the results suggest that it is unable to differentiate among colors, Is it the case? Can you please throw some light on the working and limitations of the Image Classifier in CreateML.

Regards.

Replies

If you look at the resulting mlmodel file, mine states that it's colour images, which leads me to think it does support colour.

It shows in mine as well, but it still fails to differentiate among colors. I will try to train it again with some other data set.

What do you mean by "fails to differentiate among colors"? Can you give an example?

I trained the classifier on Images of flowers (which included white, red and yellow roses ) for training, but when I tested it with the test dataset, It was classifying red roses as white ones, and white ones as something else.

I'd need to see your dataset to be sure, but the problem may be that the neural network used by CreateML is "overfitting".

The neural network used by Create ML is very powerful, and it sounds like it's too powerful for your specific dataset. So it's probably memorizing all the training images rather than actually learning to tell the differences between the different colors of roses.

This is a typical problem -- if not the problem -- with training large neural networks.

What do you recommend to classify based on color?