Two Bugs

1. Audio randomly cutting out on this new Beta 3 Build. (reported)

2. Cable Test hangs and does not complete on this new Beta 3 build (reported).

Anyone else experiencing these two?

Replies

Same here re the random audio drop outs. 😕

I am also having some strange audio issues where the sound to my speakers randomly drops from surround to stereo.

Yes, can confirm, I'm also experiencing the audio cutting off every few minutes in the tvOS 12 Beta 3 build.

Happens in every app, rented iTunes movies, as well as when Music is playing (with or without screensaver).

It's even more noticable since the Sony TV shows audio source changed bar every time the aduio cutoff happens.

>(reported)

Be sure to add your report #s to your thread for reference, thanks and good luck.

I am definitely experiencing the audio drop out and spent hours trying to figure out if something happened with my system. I can confirm it is happening in every application.

I submitted Bug Report #41949108

After unsuccessful attempts to downgrade the Apple TV 4K to tvOS 12 beta 2, tvOS 11.4 or even tvOS 11.4.1 beta 5, I finally switched the Apple TV 4K with my old Apple TV 4th gen and with a fresh install via USB-C of tvOS 11.4 final.

I forgot how good it feels to be on a stable version. Works like a charm, and I can't say that I notice any difference in speed. No audio cut-outs, no GPU anomalies, and Pandora and Tubi TV apps work again.

The Apple TV 4K goes in the bedroom for now until the next beta fix. Also, really looking forward for a viable permament solution regarding downgrades/reinstalls on Apple TV 4K if it's going to be used for any development.

Re the audio drops, here’s my bug report #: 41847063

I have downloaded the newest tvOS 16J5322d which is the fourth beta. It "seems" that the audio drop have been fixed, though I haven't tested everything yet. Yes I did actually put bug report in as mentioned above.

I will update on this thread, if anything changes.

The problem is still present for me even in beta 4 😕

After further testing I am also having the audio drop outs.

I think that it is better, the dropout seems like it is less time.

I checked my Bug Report and they still have it open.

In theory this may be resolved according to the release notes.

Playback

Resolved Issues

• Intermittent audio signal drops can occur during video playback. (39875267)

• Some video content might display brief periods of full-screen visual artifacts. (41191464)

Both issues have been fixed in beta 5. Thanks Apple!