Unable to configure Mail Account to Exchange

I origionally had Exchange working, but then messages stopped arriving. So I delete Exchange and attempted to create a new Exchange connection (which worked prior). But, I could not get past the configuration page.

Anyone else experiencing this?

jc

Replies

Same problem on my side

I have 7 POP accounts - all proper working

If I activate one of mine 5 Exchange accounts Mail crashes - but new is a new Window which appears before the crash.

This windows asks me if Mail should proceed OR crash with crashlog to Apple. If I select crash it is like it always was. If I select proceed then Mail does not crash, but also not work. Totally frozen. Always.

As I mentioned it also at Beta 1 - it is a shame of the MAIL department to release always Beta versions were Active Sync and Exchange Integration does not work - so it is always stupid for developers to use the Beta because of missing company email accounts. And not every dev has two mac´s.

Rebuilding Mailbox helped to get mails back. But calendar still missing.

I see this same thing on Beta 2 as well

Same here. Exactly the same issue.

Once I get the "Failed to validate" message, I am presented with the manual setup. It fails as well.

Noticed someone on a another thread they can add Exchange account without connecting. I would like to see that!

It's definitely broken...guess I have to wait for DP3.

Mark

happening to me too. same issue since developer beta 1. now on public beta 1. couldn't select outoging mail server, so i deleted the account and tried to re-set it up. now i cannot even do that.

DP3 doesn't fix the issue. Still no Exchange support 😟

note - i have a coworker running PB1 and he had no problems with his exchange account. he hasn't tried to add one - but he is able to send emails and his exchange server is showing up as his outgoing server. i wasn't able to, and my account was showing no outgoing server, and i wasn't able to choose one, which was the reason i deleted the account and tried to re-add it.

are you adding your arbitrary account as an exchange account?

Same same here not able to add exchange nor 365 accounts

Hi,

a workaround is to use the outlook app. It works.

That make the native IOS client bug more obvious.

For me the problem is that Mail preferences dont save any settings change!

sam problem here. Exchange does not work with Beta 3. The account is created, but no email is displayed.

+1 can't create an exchange account in Mail

Fresh install.

I still cannot do this properly in Beta4

I am able to add my 2013 Exchange account in Sys Pref>Internet Accts all all things are checked (mail, contacts, calendar, notes, reminders)...however calendar does not work properly. 50% of the time it never shows. the other 50% it shows temporarily but then vanishes when i go back into Mail.app to do anything Exchange-related.

Have deleted calendar containers in Library as well as application support .plist and cache. no luck.