Watch OS 5 update says not connected to Internet

I went to check for a Apple Watch OS and it says not connected to Internet. I am definetly connected via Internet on my iPhone 6 so I am lost at what to try. I have done the following

1. Switched the iPhone and Watch into Airplane mode then back on

2. Rebooted the watch and the iPhone

Not sure what to do next, any ideas would be welcome.

• ive been trying to pair my watch for 4 months and I won’t work. It says the WiFi is not connected when it is and has 4 bars. I don’t know how to fix it and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

• Make sure you’re not on 5g and reboot your router.

• Purchased the Apple Watch 5 in Nov of 21 for a Christmas present, it was an open box, unused device. It took over a week of trial and error including the hard resets and app removals, etc. I had success just today. My network had a 2.4 Ghz and a 5Ghz network; for the last week i have had the phone on the 2.4Ghz band.

Just today I connected the Iphone to the 5Ghz network, then started the pairing process once again. Note the apple watch never appeared on my 2.4 Ghz network when my phone was connected to the 2.4 Ghz.At this point the Router network recognized the Apple watch.I assigned it to a home device and rename it within my network.Next I had to list it as a wearable device. This allowed the router network to open communication to the Apple Watch and begin to accept the updates.It appeared for a while that the updates stalled, but after almost half an hour the Iphone said it had another update, then another. It finally finished updating to OS 8.3 and restarted. Now going through the final set-up phase. Hope this helps.

Replies

Same here in brasil

I’m having the same issue.

Same here (Spain)

same here in texas USA

Strange enough, installing the watch beta profile on the phone as well as on the watch fixed the problem for me!

Things to try:

1. Hard reboot watch and iPhone

2. Reinstall profiles to watch and to iPhone

3. Turn off WiFi Assist (under 'Cellular')

4. Unpair and repair Watch

5. Reset Network Settings

6. Check WiFi on Watch (under Settings)

7. Confirm that iPhone and Watch are connected (green icon left upper corner after swipe down)

8. Repeat till it works or wait till tomorrow :-)

Same with Series 1.

I already tried removing profiles, rebooting devices, resetting network settings—no help.

Please install the latest profiles.

I installed both on watch and iphone it helped

the watch, while charging wouldn't "connect to the internet" but once

I took it off the charger and unlocked it, it started updating.

Hope this works for you too.

• This worked for me. Thanks

Add a Comment

For my iPhone 7 + Series 2, I realized that my phone <-> watch didn't appear to even have reliable communication: the widgets weren't keeping up-to-date and most actions that required inter-device communication were flaky at best. My iPhone updated to the latest beta (2 and 3) just fine, but the watch was stuck on beta 1 due to the same "not connected to the internet" problem. For me, I had to:

1) Un-pair the watch (which ultimately failed from the phone)

2) Reset/erase the watch (which appeared to fail, but upon a manual reboot was successfully wiped)

3) Re-pair the devices. I setup the watch as a new device; not sure if this was required, but my confidence was so low at this point that it seemed the most likely successful path forward.

4) Re-install the beta profile on the watch.

5) OTA update was recognized at this point, and I was able to update the watch.

Hope that helps somebody else.

I have the same issue but haven't been able to get it working on either beta 4 or 5. Unpaired, reset apple watch, repaired and setup as new watch. Removed and reinstalled beta profile multiple times on both watch and phone. Also tried resetting network settings and turning wifi assist off. Anyone knows of a fix? 🤔

• I have restarted both watch and phone, unpaired, deleted app reinstalled app. It is still giving me the dumb not connected to internet Cant update. I am so livid. My watch has been useless for months can someone explain this beta thing to me? Idk what to do I am so frustrated with it

• I have restarted both watch and phone, unpaired, deleted app reinstalled app. It is still giving me the dumb not connected to internet Cant update. I am so livid. My watch has been useless for months can someone explain this beta thing to me? Idk what to do I am so frustrated with it

Add a Comment

I’m having the same issue.

I am having the same issue.. going to see if reinstalling the profile will work.

What’s the correct way to un-pair and re-pair a Beta Watch? I’ve had problems with this in the pass.

Had this worked for anyone experiencing issues with Beta 5?

Add a Comment