CarPlay no longer work with Beta 2

I have an iPhone X ruining iOS beta 2 and now CarPlay no longer works in my car.

Accepted Reply

This is a known issue in the release notes:

“CarPlay might not connect to certain vehicles. (40494430)”

This works for me in my 2018 Honda Civic EX-T until I use either my LaneWatch camera to turn right, or my reverse camera. Otherwise, this functions fine for me.

Replies

Sorry I meant running iOS 12 beta 2. I also opened a bug report on this.

This is a known issue in the release notes:

“CarPlay might not connect to certain vehicles. (40494430)”

This works for me in my 2018 Honda Civic EX-T until I use either my LaneWatch camera to turn right, or my reverse camera. Otherwise, this functions fine for me.

Just read that CarPlay is actually not working for some model cars with beta 2. I have a 2017 Audi A4. Anyone else with this problem and what model car do you have?

Audi 2018 Audi Q5 here. Carplay is now broken for me as well. Yes was in the release notes.

Broken on my iPhone X connecting to a Chevy Bolt.

Shifting in to Reverse when on a call disconnects the call.

Maps not working properly. Audible not working.

Hitting "Home" button on the Bolt dash does not work - redirects to CarPlay Screen.

Just a few examples of what I am seeing.

Reverse cuts all audio for me, not just calls but I'm using a funky aftermarket CarPlay conversion unit so was not sure if this is a CarPlay bug or bug in my CarPlay module. Glad to hear others are having issues. Can't wait for Waze integration!

Reverse also cuts audio on my Opel Corsa 2018 integrated AppleCar system

I "forgot" and readded CarPlay to my Audi A4 2017 and that solved the issue. So far so good.

2016 VW Sportwagon still functions.

How exactly did you do this? I have the same car and would love to get my CarPlay working again.

In your iPhone just go to Settings>General>CarPlay Then select the Audi MMI and press on “Forget this car”. If by any chance you have more than one Audi MMI, do it for each one. This can be done any time, not necesariñlyb while your are connected to the car. Then reconnect your iPhone to your car using the USB cable and give authorization to CarPlay again.

First off thank you for responding. I did actually try that but now there are no CarPlay devices listed to connect too. Under CarPlay section in settings there is no available CarPlay auto available when I connect the iPhone to the USB cable. The IPhone just keeps searching for one but now ever appear to choose from.

VW Golf, carplay works but whenever the car takes over the audio source (proximity warnings, backup cam, etc.) the carplay connection is terminated and has to reconnect. After that all audio sources are frozen, cant play Spotify or Plex audio stream anymore. Checked that it is not just getting muted, changing the volume has no effect. It can be fixed by force quitting and reopening the audio source app but that is not something I'd like to be doing while driving around.

Sorry, this worked for me. I can only suggest to go remove your phone from the MMI menus if it still shows up there. Also, have you tried rebooting/hard rebooting your iPhone? Another common solution for other problems (look at GPS issues for iOS 12 in this same forum) is to reinstall iOS 12 via download using iTunes. Or may be the next update will fix it. Good luck!

Have a 2016 Malibu LT and the issues i see are, it sometimes connect when USB is connected. ANother is when CarPlay is connectyed, it will act like the phone USB was removed when a text message comes in or a phone call. the it will go back to the CarPlay splash screen.