Deploying app multiple times to app store

Our vendor builds apps for us which he then deploys to the store. The app soruce code remains same, but we have to deploy it for multiple clients as the content, games, quizes etc change from client to client.

Recently, the vendor came back and said, we can no longer deploy the same application for different client. The only way it could be done is building a container app and deploying multiple times within the same container app.

I could not find any documentation which says same source code cannot be used to build and deploy multiple applications on store. In all practical sense, these apps are unique and satisfy 4.2.6 of developer guidelines.

Am i missing something?

Accepted Reply

search this form for long discussions on this topic. The same developer cannot submit multiple versions of similar applications. (Even ducks.). Each app needs to be submitted by a different ‘developer’ account.

Replies

App Review doesn't look at the source code...they judge by what's in front of them. Walks like a duck...

Listen to the 'vendor'.

search this form for long discussions on this topic. The same developer cannot submit multiple versions of similar applications. (Even ducks.). Each app needs to be submitted by a different ‘developer’ account.

Thanks for pointing in the right direction. I did not find the thread earlier however i was able to locate it based on words in your comment.

Here is the link just in case someone else stumbles upon my thread

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/46910

Ordinarily, the MLT link section below helps locate similar/previous/busy threads...was populated 2 days ago, gone now for some reason.