ARKit Image Detection "Couldn't find object named..."

Hi,

since I've upgraded to XCode 10 / iOS 12, I get the following error during my ARKit configuration:

[framework] -[CUINamedRecognitionGroup initWithName:contentsFromCatalog:usingRenditionKey:fromTheme:] couldn't find object named 'ResynchMarker' skipping

I've tried to readd all the pictures, tried different pictures, but it's still not working. It seems, that this is the reason, why my images are not detected anymore. Does anybody have the same issue?

Cheers

Replies

Installed Xcode 10 today, facing the exact same problem.
The whole

ARReferenceImage.referenceImages(inGroupNamed: "characters", bundle: Bundle.main)

didn't work, while loading the pictures individually did, like so:

let warrior = ARReferenceImage(UIImage(named: "warrior")!.cgImage!,
                                   orientation: CGImagePropertyOrientation.up,
                                   physicalWidth: 0.038)
    let barbarian = ARReferenceImage(UIImage(named: "barbarian")!.cgImage!,
    let rogue = ARReferenceImage(UIImage(named: "rogue")!.cgImage!,
    let mage = ARReferenceImage(UIImage(named: "mage")!.cgImage!,

configuration.trackingImages = [warrior, rogue, mage, barbarian]

Guess it'll be fixed in one of the next betas..

I am also facing same issue , I am not able to detect image and its throw a error like below

[framework] -[CUINamedRecognitionGroup initWithName:contentsFromCatalog:usingRenditionKey:fromTheme:] couldn't find image named 'a' skipping

I get exactly the same issue with trying to detect scanned objects in the scene. It's a bit of a problem at the moment, as it makes the object detection functionality completely unusable. I wish there was some sort of workaround.

Same issue here developing natively on XCode 10. Any ideas yet? The suggestion to add them individually didn't work for me.

Installing the latest Xcode 10 (beta 2) resolved this for me.

I have xcode beta 3 now, still doesn't work for me. Anything different you tried that made it work?

Worked for me -

Setting the deployment target in your target to 12. For me it was 12 but greyed out. After opening the dropdown and selecting '12.0' the detectionImages seems to be filled.

Hope that helps.

I think mostly, everyone here is using this for ARReferenceImages, whereas I am trying to load up ARReferenceObject. That is not loading at all. I have the deployment target set to 12.0, clean build and everything is done.

This is what I am seeing

2018-07-04 10:31:02.257941-0400 artest[500:67125] [framework] -[CUINamedRecognitionGroup initWithName:contentsFromCatalog:usingRenditionKey:fromTheme:] couldn't find image named 'RPRefObject' skipping

did you end up finding a solution?