Add siri shortcuts stopped working

Suddenly I can no longer add siri shortcuts on any of my test devices. When it prompts me for the voice cue, I provide it, it beeps to detect that I stopped talking, and then nothing happens. No "done" button appears, it just sits there with the siri waveform at rest (actually, moving slightly). This happens no matter what app is providing the "shortcut."

Also, is there a way to see existing siri shortcuts and remove them?

Replies

I am seeing the same issue with my device, I am going to try a restore.

Did you create an app with a custom shortcut?

I created an app to test with a custom shortcut, it worked great for a while now getting the same result as you.

I had a shortcut working to a custom workflow. That worked. Then I modified my own app to set the appropriate flags on nsuseractivity and tried to add it as a shortcut and found I couldn’t add ANYTHING as a shortcut anymore. Part of me suspected that donating the activity from my own code is what broke it. Let me know if a restore solves it for you.

Was that workflow using the workflow app? Cuz it might be coincidence but I created a custom workflow yesterday from the workflow app then my app and that seemed to coincide with it breaking.

Yes I did a restore via itunes then restored from icloud backup and shortcuts are back to working again.

I once again fired up my app and added a voice shortcut, and that is now working again.

Yeah, I used workflow app. But that was actually working for me.

I will probably Wait for the next beta instead of doing a restore. Restores ****.

update: fwiw, reupdating The OS with the restore ipsw doesn’t help.

No idea why, but this started working again. Since it hit both my devices at once, I assume it was some sort of issue on the server, though I’m not sure why the server is even involved. But if you go to airplane mode, you’ll see nothing works right, so I guess the server is doing something.

Mine broke again after the restore, and then starting working again.

I think your right, something is happening server side

Yep, mine was working great again (even incorporated it into my own app, including adding the voice tag from within the app) then suddenly doing it again. When it happens you can't even list your existing siri shortcuts in the "siri & search" section of settings.app.

I think apple is trying to ******* me.

Looks like when it starts acting up, INVoiceShortcutCenter.shared.getAllVoiceShortcuts never completes (trying it from my own code, it never callst he completion). Seems like that's why the settings.app also doesn't show the "my shortcuts" link when things are not working either.

Totoally agree... why have to go to server? This is kinda against the purpose of adding shortcut: making 3rd party apps respond to user's intention faster, if every action has to go to server before launching the intent extension or app, their will be so many limitations. Such as bad network environment or offline cases?

And now it works again on my iPad Pro, but not my iPhone.

It is an enigma.

I also have the same problem. It works when i update iPhone system, but now it not working .

I'm also experiencing the same issue. UI doesn't display "Done" after it's recognised the user has stopped speaking.

Infuriating.

It comes and goes for me. Rare that it works on both my iPad and iPhone at the same time.