Unable to upload hosted content

I'm building an app that allows users to buy "themes". The themes are created as IAPs that will be used with Apple's Hosted Content feature so users download them when they purchase it.
To create my IAP content, I created a new target of type "In-App Purchase Content" and created the IAPs in iTunes Connect. I'm archiving the IAP within Xcode and trying to upload it, which gives me this error:
No application records were found.
In-app purchase content must be ready for upload on iTunes Connect before it can be validated or submitted from within Xcode.
Here's a couple of things to keep in mind:
1. I do not have any pending agreements.
2. The Product ID on iTunes Connect matches the Product ID on my In-App Purchase Content target.
3. The IAPs in question have the status "waiting for upload".
4. If it matters, my themes are simply .plist files. I verified they are getting correctly bundled in the resulting pkg.
5. This app is still under development and it has never hit the App Store yet.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create a new In-App Purchase.
2. Enable Hosted Content for this IAP.
3. Give it a valid product ID using reverse DNS notation. (com.fairese.Mignori.IAP.ThemeCollection for example).
4. Fill in all the required metadata until the status of the IAP changes to "Waiting for Upload".
5. On Xcode, create a new project or target of type "In-App Purchase Content". Give it the same Product ID you created on Step 3.
6. Drag some plist files (this is because my IAPs are plist files) at the same level of the ContentInfo.plist file of the new target or project.
7. If you created a new target, make it the active target.
8. Archive the In-App Purchase Content IAP and wait for the organizer Window to show up.
9. Under the "In-App Purchases" section in organizer, select your newly created In-App Purchase Content.
10. Click "Upload to App Store...".
11. If prompted to select a development team, select the development team that has the app that owns the IAP you are trying to upload. Click next.
12. The next screen will attempt to load the Product IDs (I assume), but it will fail with the error "No application records were found."

Has anyone dealt with this? I have been searching like crazy for a solution for this, but I can't manage to upload my hosted content to Apple. A bit of a bummer the functionality was removed from Application Loader in latest versions.

Replies

I solved this by deleting the IAP on iTunes Connect/App Connect and re-creating it. Wasn't able to reuse the Product ID, but I was able to upload my IAP pkg.

Unfortunately I’m having this issue again, and this time it’s not working even by re-creating the IAPs.

I'm getting the exact same thing, I haven't uploaded an app binary yet. - Is it working now for you?

Ok, I just got around it by creating some new distribution certificates and provisiong profiles for the app store.

I will try using ITMStransporter, and if that doesn’t work I will try this workaround.

I solved the issue. In my case, it looks like being part of various teams has caused App Store Connect to not deliver the App Records correctly to Xcode. I asked the admin of the other team to remove me as a test, and I'm having no problems uploading and reuploading IAPs.

I am having this issue since last week. I couldn't solve it by any means, I tried evrything I could. Has anyone found an official workaround to this bug? Deleting and recreating the IAP doesn't work in my case.

Thank you.

I was previously able to upload. But It stopped working suddenly. I selected the correct Developer team in my project settings and when I was uploading.

Deleting and recreating the IAP doesn't work in my case.

This is a really annoying problem. No way to debug at all.
I fixed the issue by logging into App Store Connect and agreeing to the new terms and conditions in the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section for Paid Apps (when these change, it seems you need to agree before you can re-upload any IAP packages - the error doesn't reflect this though).