Mojave Compatibility (dropbox, adobe etc)

I think the community would appreciate any first blush reports on compatibility with existing tools/apps. I'm always hesitant to install until I hear that dropbox is working.

Replies

The difinitive answer for Dropbox is it works PARTIALLY in OS X 10.14 Beta (18A293u)

Im running Dropbox v52.3.55.

So, If you have Dropbox already configured and running in 10.13. x and you upgrade your computer to 10.14 Beta (like I did) Dropbox will continue to function, including syncing. You can click on the menubar Drobox icon and everything you can do in that pulldown menu, works.

The only exception, is the Dropbox Settings cog on the right hand side. If you click on that, it will launch the actual Drobox Application which will open, however if you click on anything in that application, it crashes.

Double clicking on the Dropbox app to launch it, works, incluing installing th Menubar item (if it wasnt there) HOWEVER, if you click on anything within the Dropbox Application, it will crash (but not the menubar item - It continues to work)

Hope this helps

Further note on Discord.

Even Canary has issues maintaining video calls for longer than 20-60 minutes, before the app will crash and report an error.

It looks like I'll have to do Discord's job for them and report the bugs on the bug tracker, since they're not concerned with anything that isn't already a known major crash issue. They already have a crash issue on their hands with Canary that affects everything back as far as Sierra, and now there's a new issue that's only cosmetic, and therefore unimportant until Mojave is released final, when it'll be too late to report OS issues as OS issues.

The other issue that Canary experiences, is that the icon is invisible when there's a badge. It's just an empty space with a number badge applied to it, showing that they use something unusual to composite their icon and badge together. Possibly an image resizing algorithm that's been removed, or is buggy?

This level of instability with video calling apps renders Mojave unusable for me as a daily use test platform. So glad I stuffed it on an alternate APFS volume.

Little Snitch nightly build 4.1 works with Mohave (https://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/download-nightly.html)

Audio Hijack 3 does not work when capturing System Audio. It does work when capturing from an individual running application.

Box.net 's Box Drive does not work on the 10.14 beta. Crashes. Hopefully, they have a team on it 😉

Because that's a good reason to try a beta, to be able to try and report what isn't working.

Virtualbox will not install or allow you to start VMs because Apple is now blocking their kernel extensions for some reason.

Vagrant isn't the problem. Virtualbox won't work in Mojave.

Dropbox 52.3.56 works flawlessly for me, Adobe CS works with all applications (only the 32bit extentions warning remains, but HighSierra already warned about 32bit apps)

Evernote indeed crashes and cannot be used. VirtualBox doesn't work that well but Parrallels works flawless.

Mostly all kernel drivers apps (like audio grabbers etc) fail as they always do in the first few beta's.

A lot off apps fight with the new dark mode, but that is to be expected.

Big database apps like Navicat work, but are unusable slow and Safari has a few bugs, nothing to extreme.

The first beta is completely in line with my expectations and it mostly works, but as said before INSTALL ONLY ON TESTING MACHINES

I have a test configuration system.

Dropbox is working fine.

I am running all of my tools from High Sierra with no issues whatsoever. I have installed Dropbox Pro with Smart Sync and it works just fine. Also, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat CC, and Lightroom are all behaving nicely for me as well. I also use the CC installer menu bar app and it is working like a champ as well.

Discord is still broken in beta 2. It hangs when attempting to capture audio, and manages to hang most of the system in the process, until it is Force Quit.

AutoCAD LT 2018 works OK on beta 2 as far as I can see. Only caveat is it was installed and activated on 10.13.5 prior to installing 10.14 Mojave. After a clean install of Mojave it would not activate correctly.

Hi,

Just discovered that Evernote released a 7.3 beta 1 that works with Mojave.

You can download it here https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/114298-evernote-for-mac-73-beta-1/

#betaception 🙂

This is a good idea, also maybe it should evolve into a spreadsheet with apps and their relevant status, why did'nt apple do this in the first place? Maybe someone from apple could setup a public spreadsheet in iCloud and people could register what they find there?