WatchOS 5 installing loop

I have a Series 2 Apple Watch. I have my iPhone loaded with iOS 12 and did fine. Now I am trying to install WatchOS 5 with config file and it goes through the normal downloading, then installing/Verifing the update. It starts to install (seeing the progression ring) ticks marks. It gets to about the 7-8 tick on the ring and my watch dings as if its done and lights up. My iPhone still says installing though. As soon as I back out of the watch app, the watch app then shows I have a update for my watch which in WastchOS 5. I go into settings on my watch and still says Im on 4.3.1 WatchOS.

Anyone else having this issue?

Replies

The long download will be because it's half a gig in size, the Apple Watch tends to be slow at downloading anyway, or so I've noticed.

Anyone else get the Apple Logo issue with the latest update ?

I attempted to upgrade to Watch OS 5 using the "fixed" beta 1 but i am, and have been, stuck on the Apple Logo since it upgraded on Monday night. Can't find anyway to reset or recover.

Am i just the one unlucky one or is this still not fixed ?

My Apple Watch Series 3 updated to WatchOS 5 last night and it got stuck on the Apple logo and wouldn't do anything else.

I tried hard resets and all that I knew to do. Called Apple Care and they were nice but basically told me that it wasn't anything they could help with and that I'd have to come to the forums to get answers. I wasn't surprised but I was hopeful that with the number of issues they'd had with the beta that maybe they would have answers for me. They didn't. But I did ask how to reset my Watch and she had me unpair the watch from my iPhone and when I did and let it go through the cycle completely the Watch began unpairing itself and eventually I was able to have it reset to a new watch. The iPhone allowed me to pair it and I set it up like a new Apple Watch so that I didn't get into the issue of the new OS. My Apple Watch is loading fine now apparently so it looks like this works. I'll wait to update to the beta when it's a little further along lol. I'm sorry you've had issues but hope this helps!

AppleCare are the only ones who can help !!!!. I am unfortunate in that i have tried all the solutions and i am still stuck on the Apple Logo.

I installed the new profile upgraded to OS 5 and now phone is hosed. Apple take responsibility.

You don't provide us with a mechanism to resore, though it is possible as there is a product out there that can do this but it should be within the users ability, like any of the other products, to recover.

I for one, don't feel like i can ever trust an Apple beta again, which is a real shame. Yes we all understand the risks of beta software, but it should never be allowed to be so bad that it can hose the hardware and leave a user no recourse other than sending away a watch to be reset because there is no way to restore the unit.

This is a real shame and will stop people testing beta software.

Guessing by the lack of Apple comment that they are disowning the developers who want to actively participate in making the product better.

I have given up now and resorting to mailing my watch back to Apple to fix the problem.

Have to say they are nothing but helpful, i did via chat. So i guess we will see if Apple will pick up the bill or not.

Tarnishes the whole developer experience and will never be trusting beta's again.

Well I had the stuck on Apple logo nothing helps issue also. contacted Apple and they had me send it back. Now they’re sending it back saying they were unable to fix it and a letter with the Watch explaining my options to fix it.

Watch was was working fine with no issues. I’m fact it downloaded the first beta 1 without issue. It hung up installing the updated beta 1.

I accept the the risks of installing betas, understand the issues but somehow it doesn’t seem fair that Apples beta trashes my watch and only Apple can decide if it’s covered by warranty.

Ive never had an issue with Apple warranty before, is there any appeal or am I out the $$$$$

But I guess I’m going to stop work on Watch apps, can’t afford the costs of fixing the watch every time a new beta comes out.

I had the same message back from apple as you've stated, but the watched arrived working fine. part of the diagnosis is a firmware update and so the watch gets "repaired" during the testing meaning nothing to repair. the letter stated the same.

i was a little concerened by the the email from apple about it but its now back on my wrist and working again 😀

I spoke with Apple Care this morning, my watch, thankfully, is within warranty and they say it will be fixed as long as there is no physical damage.

Sorry but any damage has been caused by the failure of the Beta 5 upgrade.

Said it before and will say it again, come on Apple take some f responsibility.

I am a developer, professionally, if i deploy a bug into our users systems i don't hide behind an NDA and and a statement saying it's not my problem. I don't provide the user a way to fix their own problems (Hmmm what else is like that ?????) so i have the ball..... to stand up and take ownership and fix the **** problem.

So Apple get your fingers out of your ears or elsewhere and fix the issue and stop expecting us dev's who are testing your product to solve it for yoo