Not seeing the TVOS 12 update on 4k Apple TV

After using the dropbox side loading trick to install the Apple TV beta 12 profile, it shows the profileasintalled and verified but does not see the update in the system update tab... any ideas?

Replies

Resolved, need to connect with WLAN and nearby my Desktop-Mac. Pairing with Xcode complete and Configurator install the Profile..

all is fine,...

I found that I had enabled the "revice beta upgrades" option in the AppleTV control panel.
That feature is about receiving PUBLIC betas and if you enable and enroll in that program then
the developer beta will not be detected as installable by the device.
As soon as I disabled that option the device discovered the version 12 beta upgrade and after installing it
I could see it was indeed that version.
As a side note, to begin with my newly purchased Apple TV 4 K (from the Apple Store at One Infinite Loop)
at first had found a public version 11 upgrade when I tried installing. It could be I had not established the beta provisioning profile at that moment.
A software improvement to wish from Apple could be that when a new version is detected that an indication
is given about what software version that is. As of now the user will blindly attempt an install without knowing what
the new version will be. The device only shows the version number of the currently installed version.

I'm having the same problems. Used Xcode and Apple Configuator 2. went through all the steps....won't load software