Apple Watch console / device logs is empty

In XCode > Window > Devices and Simulators, I can see console / logs from iPhone just fine but I can't see any logs coming from the paired Apple Watch. In Console.app, it's even worse. I can't see any logs / messages from both the iPhone and the Watch. I have tried to restart my Mac, reconnect the phone, but no use

XCode is 9.2 (9C40b). iOS 11.2.1, WatchOS 4.2. OS X 10.13.2

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of canhcutvl Down vote post of canhcutvl
15k views

Replies

Do you see tabs for both the phone and the paired watch? Does the device log toggle work for both show and hide? Does the live log for the phone work ok?

Can you launch watch apps from Xcode?

I don't normally resurrect posts, but I have found this particular post on Google multiple times. I have been struggling with not being able to see logs on my Apple Watch through Console.app for DAYS!

Finally I fixed it by installing the sysdiagnose profile to my Apple Watch.

Download the watchOS profile from here:

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?name=sysdiagnose

Airdrop it to your iPhone and you will get the choice to choose "Apple Watch" to install it to. Once you install it and click "Done" then you will start seeing Apple Watch logs in Console.app. Halelujah!

Oh my god this actually worked. Thanks! Legend.

Thank you!!!

Installing this profile does indeed allow the console app to display activity of a connected Apple Watch. Thanks!
But I can't get the logs to reappear in Console after running an app in XCODE on the Apple Watch. When the Apple Watch is selected as a run destination, it's messages are displayed in the XCODE console, as expected. But after XCODE is closed, I can't get the messages from the Apple Watch to go back to being displayed in the console app.
Anyone have any advice?

Thank you, it really works! 🙂

I am so utterly frustrated by the fact that, 5 years after @Clete2 posted the sysdiagnose profile solution, that was still the only thing that worked for me.

watchOS 10, iOS 17, Xcode 15... yesterday morning, I was debugging my Watch app just fine. Then it stopped showing anything in the console, but only for the Watch app, the iPhone counterpart logged normally.

Clean derived data. Reboot Watch. Try again. Nope.

Clean derived data, reboot Mac, iPhone and Watch. Give each one a few minutes to know they're alive... Try again, a few times. Repeat changing the order of reboots. Still nope.

5 years. Un-freaking-believable.

Thank you again, @Clete2 !

I followed all the instructions, downloaded the sysdiagnose thing... it's a watchOSconfig.mobileconfig file. I installed the profile on AppleWatch and I still didn't get any logs on Console App. But I do get logs on Xcode console when I run the app from Xcode, but I don't want to attach debugger.

My env: watchOS 10.0, iOs 17.3.1, Xcode 15.1.

Any ideas? :(