WatchOS 5 installing loop

I have a Series 2 Apple Watch. I have my iPhone loaded with iOS 12 and did fine. Now I am trying to install WatchOS 5 with config file and it goes through the normal downloading, then installing/Verifing the update. It starts to install (seeing the progression ring) ticks marks. It gets to about the 7-8 tick on the ring and my watch dings as if its done and lights up. My iPhone still says installing though. As soon as I back out of the watch app, the watch app then shows I have a update for my watch which in WastchOS 5. I go into settings on my watch and still says Im on 4.3.1 WatchOS.

Anyone else having this issue?

Replies

Hello,

I have the same problem...

I have the beta 1 of Watchos 4.3.2 and despite the certificate and iphone ios12, impossible to put Watchos 5

Same thing here, can confirm.

Also Series 2, on 4.3.1 (I went through all the 4.3.1 betas, so likely this is the latest beta/GM). Multiple reboots of iPhone/Watch didn't fix.

Same for me, any idea how to solve it?

Same here: WatchOS 4.3.2 Beta 1, iOS12 on iPhone 7 plus.

No chance to install WatchOS 5.

same here WatchOS 4.3.1, iOS12 on iPhone X, ceritifcat is installed on Apple Watch Series 2. It gets to about the 7-8 tick on the ring and my watch looks like it is going well but then Apple Logo appears. Update fails and I have still WatchOS 4.3.1.

Same here. WatchOS 4.3.2b on a Series 2 Watch. iOS 12b1 on paired iPhone 7. Tried everything, including resetting, unpairing/pairing watch et cetera, but to no avail.

Edit: filed a radar (#40806385)

Yes, 4 attempts so far to install on a Series 2 with same result;

Installed no Problem, 1st time on a Series 1.

FYI: on my Series 3 after the round progress meter filled it totally stalled... Let it sit for several hours. Holding both buttons and restarting did result in it eventually successfully rebooting and working with 5.

How did you get your watch to update? I have been unable to get my series 2 or 3 to update. Says im up to date 4.3.1, I even unpaired and paired as new.

thx

Did you forget to install the new beta profile on watch and phone?

I installed both, my iPhone is on 12. I installed both profiles on my phone. Is there a step i may have missed?

thanks

And you installed the WatchOS Beta Profile also on the watch or only on the phone? You have to install it on the watch.

Ah yes, thank you, just tried and that worked.

thanks much

Same issue here, its freaking me out. Tried like 4-6 with installing the update, resetting, setting up with my backups, setting up without backups. trying to view the log of it doesn't work either.

I am having the exact same issue.

Unpaired

Repaired.

Rebooted in between pairs.

Reset all settings on my phone.

Same issues happening.

Any help would be great!

I have the profile installed on my watch, and I have installed the profile on my phone. I removed and re-added the profile. Same issues persists.