5 identical review rejections and no details

Hi.

My app has been rejected 5 times for having been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata.

2.3.0 - Undergo significant concept changes after approval

2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website

3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app

4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app

5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app

5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used

Apple says: “Before we can continue with our review, please confirm that this app does not violate any of the above guidelines.”

I said that I wasn’t violating these guidelines and that if I was, I’d like more details so I can fix it. But the review team just keep rejecting us with the exact same message and no additional detail.

I also tried to appeal the rejection but I didn’t get any answer.

I’ve been publishing iOS apps for many years. I’ve always followed Apple’s guidelines and I never had any issues before, but somehow this ambiguous rejection started in February.

Anyone had this kind of problem before? How can I solve it?

Thanks

Replies

I was bewildered to get the same sort of response from apple today. As all users here have mentioned, I went through many documentation and video's about do's and don'ts and followed everything to the 'T 'before submitting the app and got this message! Why? This is my very first app and so much is at stake.😟After looking at all the people who seem to have been waiting - like forever- I am not very hopeful that this issue will be resolved soon .

After over 2 months, I finally got approved this morning. There was no explanation from Apple so I still don't know what the issue was. In any case, the review process takes longer but it should resolve after a while. Hope it gets resolved for all those who participated.

The same, but before approve I got 4.3 Design Spam rejection and then send appeal.

Got this today:

Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata.

2.3.0 - Undergo significant concept changes after approval

2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website

3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app

4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app

5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app

5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used

My app is a slots app that I spent a lot of hours designing graphics for. I also created a mechanism within the app for increased winnings possibility. I´ve replied to every point as to the best I can, so will let you know about the hopeful approval or rejection.

Any updated on this. My app also rejected with same reasons?

I have the same situation, I am publishing an app update

13th May , meta rejected with the 5 reasons

14th May , I resubmit a new build (<---- I now know it is an absolute wrong step as it put your app into limbo)

29th May, still waiting for review

I have contacted the review team and apologize for them for not following their instruction to reply to resolution center. However, it doesn't help and my app is still in limbo after 15 days

Any one know the limbo punishment time?

Hi,

Exact same situation here.

I just understood that after you answer in the Resolution Center you have to clic again to "Sumit For Review" with the SAME BINARY ?

What are your advises ?

Is some one can provide some experience ?

Regards

Hi simonho1989,

What is the status, did you make it ?

regards

i am sill waiting for review for a month

Hello Chun,

Thank you for your response.

We have added your questions to the app record for your app, "PAD Multiplayer Room Finder." The review team will follow up with you if they need additional information.

As of now, there is nothing more that you need to do.

App Store Review

Hi BTVC,

I hope you are well.

I am also in this situation unfortunately... Have you had any updates?

I think this rejection comes from the fact that we have failed to submit the documentation that proves that our apps respect the legal frameworks and that we are not illegally operating a "gaming" or "gambling" app.

Mine is a football prediction app that enables football fans to win real prizes. As confirmed by the gambling law experts that I have consulted prior to submitting for Review, this application is not subject to any gambling regulation and is therefore fully compliant with the App Store's Guidelines. However, since I did not provide these explanations (and supporting documents) to the App Review Team in my app submission, I believe that it has prompted them to reject the app and ask for more information.

So if you are planning on launching an app that could potentially misconstrued as an illegal gambling or gaming app, make sure that you include all necessary information! If you haven't, make sure that send the relevant documentation as soon as possible...

I have personally submitted all the documents (including the gambling law expert's compliance note) in the Resolution Centre to help the App Review Team understand what the app exactly does (and more importantly - what it doesn't do!) - and thus show we comply with existing rules (including Apple's Guidelines) and are not trying to trick them into accepting us. I will keep you posted on any updates!

All the best to all of you,

Hello. I was rejected for the same reason. I have recreated the binary file 5 times, but the result has not changed. I'm going to eat the head. Does anyone have a solution?

Where do I can get Gambling Law Experts note to show to Apple App Review team?

I have the same issue and are struggling with it for one month. Three days ago I asked clarification in review team and get responce!

"In researching your request, we were able to confirm that your app has again been rejected as more information was needed by the reviewer. In past rejections, we do see that you responded then resubmitted your app for another review.

When you resubmit your app, the Resolution Center closes and the line of communication is cut off. In order to make sure that the review team is able to take the information you provide into consideration, we recommend that you re-confirm in the Resolution Center that your app does not violate the guidelines mentioned and allow for the reviewer to continue the review process before resubmitting the app yourself.

Once the reviewer receives your confirmation, the reviewer will respond and confirm that the review will continue. You will receive an email once the review has been completed."

So, as I understand we must not resumbit App after answer to resolution center. I am still waiting in rejection state.

I am also having this issue

Thank you for the info. I encounterred the same issue yesterday when updating my game. Unfortunately I resubmitted the app after replying in the Resolution Center, which I should not do. Now it's been almost 24 hours since I resubmitted the game, it's still in Waiting for Review process. My game was updated many times before and this is the first time I got rejected for this specific reason. Now I am thinking that I can probably request an expedited review if it's still in "Waiting for Review" tomorrow... I'll report back my status in this post. Sigh.