Not able to upload an ipa file build using Xcode 7.2 to testflight ?

Even though it is mentioned in the link - https://developer.apple.com/ios/submit/ that all new iOS apps and updates submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 11 SDK using Xcode 9 from July 2018, i am not able to upload a build to testflight from 5/22/2018.

Please see below the error i am seeing - ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS '9.3' SDK. All new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS '11.0' SDK or later, included in Xcode [9.0] or later. Please update Xcode and rebuild your app."

Any work around would be really helpful. Please let me know if you are facing similar issues?

Accepted Reply

There is no 'workaround' for the new requirement, which was actualy announced in Feb this year, with a deadline of April, that eventually went into effect right after the first of this month (no idea what the July deadline is about...seems rather right hand/left hand, as once the shoe dropped around 5.2.18, it supposedly included both new and updates).

Note latest Xcode is 9.3.1

REf: "Starting April 2018, all new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 11 SDK. All new apps for iPhone, including universal apps, must support the Super Retina display of iPhone X."

Replies

There is no 'workaround' for the new requirement, which was actualy announced in Feb this year, with a deadline of April, that eventually went into effect right after the first of this month (no idea what the July deadline is about...seems rather right hand/left hand, as once the shoe dropped around 5.2.18, it supposedly included both new and updates).

Note latest Xcode is 9.3.1

REf: "Starting April 2018, all new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 11 SDK. All new apps for iPhone, including universal apps, must support the Super Retina display of iPhone X."