DisplayLink not working in MacOs 10.13.4 bata update

Is anyone having trouble with DisplayLink devices not working on MacOs 10.13.4 bata update

Replies

Yes. It hit with the first release of 10.13.4. Oddly enough, now that beta-2 was released, my "good" monitor is not working either. That one was simply connected via the DP port. Go figure...

The DisplayLink connected monitor now just shows yellow.

Same here....

After installing the latest Beta, all displays connected via a Dell docking station (D3100) do not show up under System Preferences --> Displays --> Arrangement. Alos no output from Mac to screens as the displays say "No input found, sleep mode". When connecting direct to Macbook, all is fine. This worked in the 10.13.3 Beta version. Updated to latest DisplayLink software (4.1) but that does not solve the issue. All other peripherals connected to the docking (keyboard / headset / external disk) do work and are usable from MacOs...

Seems a bit strange that this does not work, or is it due to the fact that MacOs now supports some extra functions on external graphics cards ? Could not find anything relating to this issues and reporting it to Apple (Feedback Assistant) also does not seem to help (no response).

Macbook Pro (Retine, 13 inch, mid 2014), 3.0 Ghz i7, 8Gb 1600 DDR3, Intel Iris 1536 Mb

Update : See that Public Beta 2 has just been made available for me as well, but have no high hopes... Will update once the new Beta has been installed.

Update2 : Running 10.13.4 Beta 17E150g) now, but Displaylink is (still) not working....

I'm having exactly the same problem with a Dell D6000 dock. I get no signal on connected monitors.

I reckon it's going to be a problem with the kernel extension. It appears the DisplayLink driver package copies a bunch of stuff to /var/tmp and then attempts to install it. It includes "DisplayLinkDriver.kext" and the new security in 10.13.4 may bork at it.

It's noteable that an upgrade to 10.13.4 beta also breaks it in a previously working 10.13.3

// Tony

It's not just DisplayLink, even driverless displays stopped working, I already reported it a good while ago with the first 10.13.4 beta. In my case I'm connecting a Dell display through a Toshiba TB3 dock. All used to work flawlessly until 10.13.4 beta 1.

For what it's worth, Duet display is also messed up and the desktop backgrounds are going haywire - I doubt it's a driver issue, the problem is going to be more fundamental.

I too am impacted by the DisplayLink and Duet display issues. Both my DisplayLink monitors at hope are now black. I use DisplayLink at the office and Duet with my iPad and iPhone while on the road. I had a wonderful working solution, but now I am realizing how good I really had it.

I sure hope this gets Apple's attention!

I've not updated to 10.13.4 Beta 7 and still no joy on my DisplayLink monitors. Duet continues to be broken as well.

Apple, please assist!

This is a disaster. Apple. DisplayLink. Please! At least provide us some info. Productivity is being impacted severely for a very large number of businesses.

Yes! I realize it was my bad to not have a recent backup, I do now, but that hasn't fixed my monitors. Please please you guys! This should have been fixed a day, at the most 2 after this was an issue. I just bought my displaylink hardware, if I had an eta of never i would still be able to send it back. But I don't know if it will be fixed tomorrow or never! This is VERY frustrating! Work together and get it done, this shouldn't be difficult with companies that have your kind of resources!

Nobody wants to replace their gear at an additional cost but I could not wait for DisplayLink any longer. To get my extended displays back working with my iMac, I replaced the Diamond 6950 with a CalDigit TS3. The CalDigit does not require any driver installation and works perfectly.

And, upon uninstalling the DisplayLink drivers, my iMac once again unlocks with my Apple Watch. Something that hasn't worked in a long time but I never attributed to the DisplayLink drivers. Perhaps there are more problems with DisplayLink that we have yet to discover??

Does anyone know of a workaround that will allow me to use my USB 3 displays? Thanks!

Has Apple fixed this yet??? I have Dell D6000 docking station and my monitor is not showing up under System Preferences --> Displays --> Arrangement. The keyboard and mouse work through the docking station just not the monitor.

Apple please fix!

DisplayLink is aware of this ploblem

here is official statemant:

http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/macos

Important Information about macOS 10.13.4 update

We have become aware that installing macOS release Version 10.13.4 will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS upgrade, with the current DisplayLink driver [4.1] installed. Functionality such as Ethernet and audio, where implemented, is unaffected. We have alerted Apple to this issue and are working hard to find a resolution. These features continue to work as expected in 10.13.3.

In the meantime, we have a new driver [4.3] that will enable clone mode, but not mirror or extended mode displays in 10.13.4. If you require mirror or extended mode displays, we recommend that you stay on macOS 10.13.3 or earlier at this time.

They came out with a workaround, which worked for me for about a week, but now my displays just mirror my main desktop. This has really affected my productivity at work! Hoping Apple fixes this soon!!!