Confusion regarding encryption plist entry

In Apple's documentation, here:

https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev0dc15d044

It discusses adding the 'App Uses Non-Exempt Encryption' plist entry to indicate your app's encryption usage. There seems to be a mistake in the documentation, but I might be misunderstanding it, so I thought I'd ask about it here.

It says if your app is "not using encryption", you should set the entry to false, but if your app "uses encryption", you should set the entry to true. The wording makes it sound like you should set the entry to true if your app uses any encryption at all. But isn't the purpose of the entry to indicate whether your app uses non-exempt encryption? It seems that for an app that uses only exempt encryption you'd set the entry to false, but the documentation seems to say otherwise.

Can anyone clarify this? Am I correct that you should set the entry to false if your app uses encryption but the encryption is exempt?

Accepted Reply

I believe you should set the "App Uses Non-Exempt Encryption" key to False and you should file a bug report on the documentation.

Replies

I believe you should set the "App Uses Non-Exempt Encryption" key to False and you should file a bug report on the documentation.

Thanks for your reply. I've filed a bug report.