Binary being denied automatically for no reason?

I keep getting an automated email saying

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

The app doesn't import CoreLocation or reference anything related to location.

Any ideas why this could be happening?

Replies

Maybe Apple just checks to see if there's any use of requestAlwaysAuthorization anywhere in the binary, regardless of what runtime checks are used to not call it?

Same problem for us - builds started getting rejected with no changes on our side. Started yesterday afternoon (April 25)

XCode 9.2

Unity 5.6.5f1

Just got off the phone with Apple's developer support line and they said that the engineers just became aware of this issue and that they'll probably update their developer system status page within the next 30 minutes or so.

Welp, it's been several hours now and still nothing from Apple... 😟

Maybe it just works now? Anyone try any builds within the last hour or two?

Seems to be fixed now. My binaries are not being rejected anymore.

Oh nice! I'll try again as well. Thanks!

EDIT: Yep, seems to be fixed now! 🙂

Dear Developer,
We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "xxxx". Please correct the following issues, then upload again.
Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.
Best regards,
The App Store Team

Maybe can help you

https://www.feiyeda.top/news/784/

Update: Same over here! ✅

The same issue still exists.

Is it related to the Firebase Crashlytics?

We do not use location information at all.

Same for me also

Same issue too 😟

It looks like this issue has returned. I submitted a build around 5:30pm Eastern time that was accepted to TestFlight. My next build with very minor UI changes got rejected, as well as two followup builds.

Hey all, I have a two part suggestion -

1) file a bug report

2) add the key to your plist along with the message "do not agree; this app does not use location services." The message is only displayed when the app explicitly requests permision to use location services - so you can write anything you want. It doesn't matter.

Just use

NSLocationAlwaysAndWhenInUseUsageDescription

instead of NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription + NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription

Apple is so stupidly secrete about their tweeks..