Could testflight app work for product server?

Hello, everyone.

I need your help to clarify for In app purchase feature.

I've bought several products with app store app.

Is it possible to restore those items on testflight app?

Here is my test case:

Test case 1:

1. Bought several items with app store app.

2. Uninstall the current app from device and install the app again from testflight.

3. Open app and try to restore all.

Result: I could not restore items bought with app store app, only possible restore items bought with testflight app.

Test case 2:

1. Prepare 2 accounts: 1st account: itunes connect account invited from testflight, 2nd one: normal itunes connect account (not invited from any testflight)

2: Bought several items with app store app by 2nd account.

3. Uninstall app from device and install the app again from testflight with 1st account.

4. Logout 1st account from device (itunes connect, app store as well).

5. Open the app and tries to restore items with 2nd account.

Result: Get message "Failed to connect itunes connect."

So I'd like to know the answer for "Could testfight app work for product server, not sandbox one?".

Hope everyone's help.

Regards.

Accepted Reply

In the case of Test 1, while it seems that the same iTunes User account is being used, in fact there is a production version of the account as well as a sandbox version (which is what the TestFlight build runs in). Purchases made in one environment are separate from the other environment. There is no restoring production purchases in the sandbox environment.

Test 2 - same issue, but with the added problem that is being reported in several other StoreKit postings related to the error "Failed to connect itunes connect." when attempting to test in the sandbox environment.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Replies

In the case of Test 1, while it seems that the same iTunes User account is being used, in fact there is a production version of the account as well as a sandbox version (which is what the TestFlight build runs in). Purchases made in one environment are separate from the other environment. There is no restoring production purchases in the sandbox environment.

Test 2 - same issue, but with the added problem that is being reported in several other StoreKit postings related to the error "Failed to connect itunes connect." when attempting to test in the sandbox environment.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Thanks for your response.

I've developed new build for current app store app.
Before publish new build as product to app store, I'd like to confirm (or test) it's possible to restore old users' purchases which they have bought via the current app store app. Is there any method for it?