Once you send the questionaiire, 3 weeks later you'll get these instructions:
Thanks for your interest in the Network Extension APIs.
We added a new template containing the Network Extension entitlements to your team.
This template can be found under Certificate, Identifiers, Profiles
Create a new provisioning profile
Go through all the panels
One of the panels will be "Do You Need Additional Entitlements ?”
Select the template with Network Extension Entitlements in the drop down menu
After 3 hours of receiving the instructions then the capability mentioned should be applied to your dev account. I had a sample app which I had already enabled VPN so my app ID was already in the system. So I created the new provision file with that app ID, then download it and dragged it on to XCode. Then I added the network-authentication background mode to the Info.plist. Then when I built the app I checked the binary and sure enough it was signed with the entitmenet for the hotspot helper. I didnt have to manually specify any entitlements. To deploy it I first had to uninstall the previous version of the app since Xcode has trouble updating previously installed apps when the provision being used has changed.
I am able see my binary signed with entitlements NEHotspotHelper Entitlements also i have added network-authentication background mode to the Info.plist . I want achive below things in my app ,
1) Annotate Wifi networks in the WiFi network scanner (Display WiFi networks in the iOS X network scanner with a little tag that displays something (your company name, for example) under the SSID name.)
2) Authenticate for WiFi Hotspots in backgorund .
As per this link it is possible https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/4906
Please provide some sample code to achive above tasks.
Create a NEW provisioning profile for your app in the membercenter portal, and choose the network extension entitlements. You can't add it to an existing profile. You have to delete the old profile and re-create it.
I have submitted a request to use Network Extension via the email specified. However, it has been around 3 weeks and Apple has not yet reverted to me.
I need to develop an application that can detect all the Access Point (BSSID) and their signal strength in my institution for some attendance taking app.
May I know...
1. What can I do to make sure that Apple will review my request and approve my usage?
2. Do I need to resubmit? How should I word it such that Apple will approve?
3. From the Apple developer website, where is the location to know I have the rights to create app that make use of network extensions? (Any pic?)
4. Last but not least, just to confirm again that is it possible to scan for Access Point based on BSSID using iOS 9 network extension NEHotspotNetwork framework?
Thanks in advance.
how to send email?
You go to the API. If the API requires sending an email. There is an email link for your to request.
You will be replied with a list of questions where you need to answer and respond back to the same email address.