Calls to validateReceipt against Sandbox are failing

I'm currently working on a feature in an App that is using IAP for managing an Auto-Renewing Subscription, and a critical piece of code is failing because my App can't get a response from the validateReceipt endpoint. The dataTaskWithRequest to https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt isn't failing, but when I inspect or log the serialized JSON, it's saying it's null. This same code was working around EOB yesterday (5pm EST), but this morning it's completely and utterly broken. Not being able to get a usable response from the receipt validation is holding up our work on this feature.

I found another thread someone filed back in February about what sounded like a similar issue, but I didn't see anything about a resolution. Someone from the Apple Development team chimed in and suggested running a ping command to see what the reachability looked like. I ran that, and this is what I'm getting for a reply currently:

$ ping -c 5 sandbox.itunes.apple.com

PING sandbox.itunes-apple.com.akadns.net (17.154.66.159): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

Request timeout for icmp_seq 3

--- sandbox.itunes-apple.com.akadns.net ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Is anyone else having this issue currently? Is it being looked into by the iTunes team?

Replies

I started running into this issue yesterday and it seems to still be going on today.

We still have the same issue as today.

One month ago, same issue here we faced in our last app during development, but worked when in AppStore.

Currently developing a new app with the same issue in development stage.