iTunes Sandbox Extremely Slow

I'm developing IAP using sandbox enviornment, but the API is VERY VERY VERY EXTRMELY slow.

I takes about 30sec ~ 1minute to response after I make a payment on iOS, or, I am trying to restore the purchase, all I got is the

restoreCompletedTransactionsFailedWithError

callback, and with the "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" related error.

And same with the validation API: https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt

Only 1 out of 10 times will give me succesfull response, others just keep giving me timeout response.

This is really annoying, I've spent my whole day of waiting the response.

Anyone facing the same issue?

I'm 100% sure my network works fine.

Replies

There is not a Sandox or IAP option. Filed under some generic heading.

Dozens / hundreds of apps must be getting rejected becaus eof this issue. No one stops to think, "maybe it's us, not them?"

Very frustrating.

Monday, 4/16, Sandbox itunes store has been unreachable for 4 days. I've attached several screenshots to my RADAR with Apple, showing pings to the sandbox store with ping timeouts and wait times increased to 10 seconds, all of which are 100% packet loss. No reponse yet from Apple.

I'm seeing the same: 100% packet loss when pinging sandbox.itunes.apple.com and yet the developer system status shows everything all green. Retrieving products seems fine, but doing anything substantive—like purchasing products or restoring purchases—is very hit & miss. Mostly miss.

Does any know if Apple Reviewers test purchases in the same Sandbox that we're all having issues with? I heard from a student the other day that got the generic rejection phrased something like "testing failed on an IPv6 network" (which can lead devs down a wild goose chase of believing it has something to do with an IPv6 connection).

He was using the same exact Store code in 4 other of his approved apps. Now he's stuck trying to explain to his Apple reviewer to just test the dang thing again. But obviously if they are in the non-Live Sandbox like all of us, they too are going to have the same issues.

Same issue. And the App review team reject us with 2.1 Performance, because IAP failed

I am also having network problems connecting to sandbox.itunes.apple.com.

Going to contact apple tech support.

I'm experiencing the same problem.

App successfully gets the list of in-app purchases.

Than asks AppleID/Password only 1 of 30 times

And gets unknown error(SwiftyStoreKit). (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork - "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" 0x00000001af03d138)

It worked fine about a week ago.

It goes to "confirm in-app purchase" if I login with real(not sandbox) iTunes account.

But than also gets an error.

And now I'm requested to submit a video of in-app purchase process, but I can't.

MacBook-Pro:~ user$ ping -c 5 sandbox.itunes.apple.com

PING sandbox.itunes-apple.com.akadns.net (17.154.66.159): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

Request timeout for icmp_seq 3

This is ridiculous! What are us devs paying the 100 dollars for????

Same here in Hong Kong. It's basically unusable

Sandbox testing is working fine now!

Thank you!

Working on server-side receipt validation myself. Seeing random Sandbox response times (2s to 180s) and many connection reset errors (ECONNRESET). Ping results in timeouts as well.

Also seeing very long timeouts here in the Netherlands.

Also seeing very long timeouts here in Canada. 😟

Same here, filed a bug report

It's the same for me in Sweden. My binary got rejected in review because the IAP fails due to Apple's sandbox server...