System Storage Full

My iPhone 7+ is reporting full storage - when I explore further and look in manager storage - the very bottom item called "System", is consuming all available storage, right now it is 13.54GB. In this state Mail will not sync, apps will not update and new apps cannot be installed.

It has done this numerous times, and seems to come and go (since the first beta release).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

• This is the same problem to all of us. Storage problem and battery capacity vs system performance. apple is playing with their old clients to force them buying new and new phones.

staying with apple seems like staying in prison. Only solution to quit apple.

• This will help you.. ---> http://howhide.com/system-storage-full

Add a Comment

Replies

Same Problem!! 95% of the space has occupied by system!! **** ****!! Why Apple is not care about this stupid problem??? We cannot backup-reset-restore every week!!

I have not had this problem but it sounds like the system is taking way to much storage. You should try to restore your iPhone. You will lose all of your data on your iPhone but restoring your phone will fix the problem.

I had this problem. Tried deleting photos, attachments, apps, podcasts, etc. Basically the system Would fill up any avail memory. I have an older iPad with 32GB and it would fill to 31.8GB and the notify that memory was full.

heres what I did:

1 full backup.

2 Erase all content and settings

3.restore - did not enable Apple data collection.

memory went down to 15.2 GB with major reductions in photos and system.

clearly a bug in iOS version. 11.1.

I‘ll letcha know what happens.

With the iPad storage screen open, and with all other apps turned off, I could visually watch the system storage number grow at roughly 100MB per 15 seconds until it reached a device total usage of 60.9GB (of 64GB) when it finally stopped growing (I have a video of it). This is on an iPad Air 2 iOS 11.1.2 updated yesterday.

Good day, I have the same problem on my new iPhone X two weeks old which is running on iOS 11.2 not the beta ... but my iPad Pro that runs on beta does not have this issue

I’ve had the same issue for months now. My “System” storage is taking up nearly 59 of the 64 GBs available on my phone. I’m going to try erase all and start fresh and see what happens, but all of your responses aren’t giving much hope. Apple - what’s the deal, yo?!?

>I’ve had the same issue for months now.

Betas are like that. Can you list the bug report #'s you've filed over that time, thanks.

Same here with iphone se. Sons phone and only had it a month as a replacement for a faulty phone less than 12 months old. Deleting any app's etc it just filled up with "other" until it won't work, tried a hard reset and it is now stuck on connect to iTunes and restore, been connected to iTunes for an hour and been stuck in extracting software at the same point. Will definitely not be buying another iphone, worst phone I ever owned. Will stick with Samsung in future, never had these issues.

Im still wondering how to lower my data since i had a long call after getting carried away and it went from 11GB to like 14GB and it was only half an hour

IT WORKED!!! Hopefully my phone stays this efficient for a while.

Following these steps freed up a little over 14GB of storage for me.

This is also happening on non-beta devices running 11.2.6

Hey guys, if you guys are wondering what the best way to isolate the software as being an issue is to restore, set up as new. Repeatedly restoring from a backup may just keep reinstalling the software issue back on your phone. Hope this helps!

Found same storge full message on 128GB memory iPad running IOS 12.1. System storage usage was up to nearly 128GB.

I found that the W.E.L.D.E.R and Solitaire apps had identical Documents and Data size of 18446744073705649985.

I deleted just the W.E.L.D.E.R app and reinstalled it from the app store. After the app storage sizes were recomputed the Documents and Data size for both W.E.L..D.E.R and Solitaire were correct and the system size was reset back to 7.9GB

I have the same issue

did a reset removing all content and settings and still other is taking up all my available space.

how do I fix this?
Sam thing has started to happen with me with a new update, a couple weeks ago. Before "other" storage used 5-6GB, now it uses 20GB of my 32GB iPhone 7. Every time I delete songs, photos or apps it just expands and never stops increasing. This is very frustrating, there is no solution to this problem other than buying a new iPhone. I would never buy iPhone again and recommend my friends and relatives to not buy it. I guess @Apple is on the stage of business level where they have to "milk the cow".