aumf in logic pro x (10.4)

Hi, I've modified the AU Filter Demo to accept MIDI notes to control a parameter. I changed the type to aumf. It validates and loads into logic pro x 10.4 just fine.

However, when I create a software instrument and go to insert my midi controlled effect in the input slot, it doesn't show up. I also notice that there aren't any other midi controlled effects in the plugin manager, so I don't have a reference case.

Am I instantiating the audio unit correctly in logic pro (I couldn't find anything in the help docs for logic)? Is there something else I need to configure or set in the audio unit so that logic "sees" it correctly?

Thanks!

Chris

Replies

Anyone? I tried this in AUlab as well with similar behavior (inserts just fine as audio effect, but not as an input to an instrument track).

If I change the audio unit type to an instrument, I can confirm that my MIDI handler is getting called (via NSLog()). Of course, it doesn't process audio.

Should I file a bug report?

Thanks!

Chris Deckard

I try also to use MIDI and audio inside a AudioUnit v3.

The doc says that only 'aumu' and 'aufx' are available, I tried 'aumf' but without success for instance. The validation of a 'aumu' in Logic works, but the plug does not produce any sound.

In the case of IAA, I did a synth wich uses the microphone (the vocoder VoxUnit). It works fine, but the audio input was the microphone of the iPad . I'd like something like a MIDI effect for AU3.

I hope that AU3 will authorize MIDI and Audio Input soon.

I'm checking in on this some months later (Nov 2019), and it still seems Logic won't instantiate v3 aumf audio units.

Any info would be appreciated.

Running into a similar issue (March 2023!). I made an aumf Audio Unit expecting it to accept MIDI and audio input. It works fine when I run it from XCode with the simple host app, but in Logic, if I add the plugin to an audio track, it doesn't pick up any MIDI input. If I add the plugin to an instrument track (in the Audio FX slot), I can see MIDI input, but of course no audio input. So is aumf supported yet in Logic?

poke, ditto here, anyone got v3 aumf working in Logic yet?

To answer myself: There's an Apple example aumf project that seems to work correctly. Our project is packaged in a framework and loads in-process, the example loads out-of process. Ours is not found by Logic, the example is found. Afaics that is the only difference between ours and the official example. Logic has currently got issues with these 2 methods of loading and its looking like this is another one to add to the list :( So now to work out how to package our extension so we have both options...