Upload iOS 11 Apps: app icon failure

Hi everyone,

I am getting the following errors about App Icon while I try to upload a build with Xcode 9 beta 6 for testing purposes with TestFlight.

iTunes Store Operation Failed
description length:6193045

ERROR ITMS-90022: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."

This is an app, that we submit at least every two weeks and the app icons didn't change this year. Checked the bundle and it contains the app icons and they are png with the correct size.

Any advice?

Replies

I tried both vladimirdanila and stublyte's fixes and neither of them worked.

When I applied stublyte's work around I was able to validate the archive, but when I upload, I get the same error message in an email and the build does not appear on itunes connect. I am uploading from Xcode using the "Upload to App Store..." button. Does it make a difference using this vs Application Loader?

find Products/ -name Info.plist -print0 | xargs -0n1 plutil -replace BuildMachineOSBuild -string 16A323

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Xcode 9.2

correcting my app icon image size using Preview to the required pixels worked for me

though the pixels had to be 58x58, 120x120, 180x180, and 1024x1024

I'm not using High Sierra and I'm not using CocoaPods but I ran into this problem when updating some older apps for iOS 11. Editing the plist inside the app package and changing BuildMachineOSBuild to 16A323 allowed me to upload the files. However, I then received an email from Apple saying:

Missing Info.plist value - A value for the Info.plist key 'CFBundleIconName' is missing in the bundle 'com.domain.name'. Apps built with iOS 11 or later SDK must supply app icons in an asset catalog and must also provide a value for this Info.plist key.

I added an asset catalog, using the App Icons Source button on the General tab of the project settings, then put my app icons into that, and resubmitted. Then the app uploaded and was accepted without the need for editing the plist file.

You may need add assets.car file witch is required by ios 11 and you can create it with xcode or online tool

applicationloader

put assets.car file as asset file or image file .

hello, i had today the same issue, im with xcode 9 and high sierra. I open info.plist but i dont see nothing like that.

I have the same issue with XCode 10.0 and macOS Mojave. ERROR ITMS-90022: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."

HI,

since upgrading to Mojave, we get the same issue when building and updating one of our apps that worked before.

DId anyone find a solution?

We already checked path in plist and recreated the complete assets folder.